No announcement yet.

New to the whole thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't touch them with a space elevator support pole!

As for comments, most of us do not really use anything except Homeseer itself. Is there some kind of feature that the Vivint "box" provides that Homeseer does not?

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
      This is going to be the problem with all these cable/security companies. "You can only use what we support" is total BS and completely against the whole z-wave philosohy and maybe license agreement. I would e-mail z-wave.org and inform them
      No offense meant to anyone, but that statement is actually true for HST as well. You get better support for the products that they carry in their store. Anything outside of what they have to offer may/may not be supported.
      HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
      79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
      Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
      Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        No offense meant to anyone, but that statement is actually true for HST as well. You get better support for the products that they carry in their store. Anything outside of what they have to offer may/may not be supported.
        This is due to many of the European Z-Wave devices not being fully Z-Wave compliant and the ever changing Z-Wave specs. I'm sure an alarm company can't or doesn't want to continually upgrade their firmware on a monthly basis so they stick with what they tested with and knows what works. This is even a better reason to control your Z-Wave installation with HomeSeer as the dev temp is constantly making changes to the code to allow out of spec or new spec devices to work as expected.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

So now I run two separate systems, one for home automation and the other for security, It just irks me to have two separate motion detectors sitting in the same place monitoring the same area, one to turn on the lights and the other to sound the alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by wodin View Post

So now I run two separate systems, one for home automation and the other for security, It just irks me to have two separate motion detectors sitting in the same place monitoring the same area, one to turn on the lights and the other to sound the alarm.
            Swap that system out with a DSC system and you can have total integration for not a whole lot of money.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Swap that system out with a DSC system and you can have total integration for not a whole lot of money.
              I have DSc with BLDSC Plug-in. Works great

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
              HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
              2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
              USB UIRT
              Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
              WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
              HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
              HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
              2GIG Thermostat
              BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
              BLUPS
              UltraLog (SQL2008)
              Jon00 Plugins
              Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
              Global Cache IP2IR
              Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by wodin View Post
                Can't you get motion events from vivint and use them to trigger stuff in HS?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                USB UIRT
                Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                2GIG Thermostat
                BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                BLUPS
                UltraLog (SQL2008)
                Jon00 Plugins
                Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                Global Cache IP2IR
                Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

Thanks, but not so much. I'm about a year into a 42 month contract with Vivint. I'll just go with two independent systems, one a managed security system, and the other... well not so managed.

Comment

Working...
                  X