Issue with PowerLinc 2414U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with PowerLinc 2414U

I have a PowerLinc V2 USB 2414U. I have installed SmartHome Device Manager and it says it can communicate with the device on USB4. The device also shows up as fine in Device Manager. I have re-installed the driver and it is fine. I have Win7 Ultimate x64. I have migrated to HomeSeer from Mac Indigo, and Indigo sees the interface correctly.

I think I have installed the required plug ins and have set it up correctly.

When I try to configure the interface in Homeseer I get:
    ** You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
    Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled.
    ** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
    Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in.

In the log, I see:
    7/2/2012 2:44:31 PM - Error - Initializing interface: Insteon->Could not open COM4 - The port 'COM4' does not exist.

I have searched threads and the help guide but I think I am doing all they say to do.

Hi

Just a couple of questions to make sure I understand what's happening:

1. Which Insteon Plugin did you pick from the updater? It needs to be this one:Insteon PLC-SDM 2414 Plug-in Release InfoPlugin 1.1.52.11.7.2.1 Free HomeSeer Tech

2. What does device manager tell you, that its on com 4? It sounds like 'yes' based on your description. But the com port number is a computer specific identifier (enumerator). Its possible for your 2414U to be com8 or something else on you pc and be com port 4 on your mac

3. Did you go to 'Setup' and 'Interfaces' homeseer page and Enable the Insteon interface? I'm thinking this might be it
    Paul

Comment

Hi

Just a couple of questions to make sure I understand what's happening:

1. Which Insteon Plugin did you pick from the updater? It needs to be this one:Insteon PLC-SDM 2414 Plug-in Release InfoPlugin 1.1.52.11.7.2.1 Free HomeSeer Tech
      >>
      I checked and the updater said a newer version was available. I installed it, and it ran the update. It asked me to repair or remove the plugin, and I repaired it. Even after updating, it says I have version 1.4.2.0 as the "installed version"

These were in the log:
      7/2/2012 7:01:43 PM - Error - Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_MR26A2.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.

7/2/2012 7:01:43 PM - Error - Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_POWERLINCUSB.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.

7/2/2012 7:01:43 PM - Error - Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_TI103.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.
      <<

2. What does device manager tell you, that its on com 4? It sounds like 'yes' based on your description. But the com port number is a computer specific identifier (enumerator). Its possible for your 2414U to be com8 or something else on you pc and be com port 4 on your mac
      >>
      Device manger has it at Port_#0002.Hub_#0003 but I have played around with this by plugging/unplugging. I try port 2 and it cannot find it. The error I have pasted in on com4 but using 2 here I still get the same error trying to Config.
      <<

3. Did you go to 'Setup' and 'Interfaces' homeseer page and Enable the Insteon interface? I'm thinking this might be it[/QUOTE]
      >>
      I can enable it, but when I go to Config, I get the errors about not having I/O interface enabled, and unable to communicate with it.

Another error from the log:
      7/2/2012 7:01:43 PM - Error - Initializing interface: Insteon->Could not open COM4 - System.IO.IOException: The port 'COM4' does not exist. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PLM_Interface_Initialize()
      <<

Comment

Ok. Let's start with this:

1- Ignore what the plugin says about a newer version. Go back to the updater and load the Insteon PLC-SDM 2414 Plug-in 1.1.52.1

2- you will have an entry in device manager for Ports - Com and LPT. It will look like this and tell you your actual com port # for windows. It should be like the last one on my example below that says USB Serial Port (COM?)
        Attached Files
        Paul

Comment

Paul, I removed and re-installed the plugin and I think I am in business. The interface is at least configurable. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Great news! Getting the interface setup can be tricky sometimes. I think you'll have smoother sailing from here
            Paul

Comment

Working...
            X