Anyone using a Mint robot sweeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using a Mint robot sweeper?

Added the low-end Mint sweeper to the Roomba for more robotic cleaning. I've never been happy with the Roomba on hard surfaces. The Mint is so-so with the washable pads and am going to give the Swiffer pads a test.

Would like to hear of any experiences you might have had.

Barry

I'm just the opposite. I love my Roomba on hard wood floors. It does so so on carpet. My Roomba is going on 6 years old and still going. I would like a new quieter model but not till this one dies.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have a Mint sweeper and I have to say that I love it. If you keep in mind that this is meant to be for upkeep of your floors you'll be less disapointed. This is surely not intended to repalce a good floor scrubbing. I use a dry pad for the living areas of the house and I think that it picks up pretty well and use a wet Swiffer for the bathroom areas. It surely helped in increasing the time between floor cleaning. The key is to start with a nice clean floor and use it for maintenance.

Comment

For the carpet, the Neato is far superior to the Roomba. I use the Scooba for the hardwood floors and tile, works great. Oh and the Spotbot for the cat puke - lol.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          I'm just the opposite. I love my Roomba on hard wood floors. It does so so on carpet. My Roomba is going on 6 years old and still going. I would like a new quieter model but not till this one dies.
          It is the dog fur (yellow Lab) this is the problem on the hard surfaces. The Mint is super quiet.

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
          I have a Mint sweeper and I have to say that I love it. If you keep in mind that this is meant to be for upkeep of your floors you'll be less disapointed. This is surely not intended to repalce a good floor scrubbing. I use a dry pad for the living areas of the house and I think that it picks up pretty well and use a wet Swiffer for the bathroom areas. It surely helped in increasing the time between floor cleaning. The key is to start with a nice clean floor and use it for maintenance.
          Thanks, that is what I've been looking for. Going to try a wet Swiffer tomorrow. I still like the whole idea of cleaning robots!

Comment

I have a roomba 780 for the main parts of the house and a 7 year old roomba in the master bedroom. The 780 isn't cheap but much improved over the older model. Great for hardwood floors as said before. The dock is so much more reliable on this newer model. The 780 comes apart easily for cleaning and has the replaceable filters too.
            HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

We have two Mints from before iRobot acquiring the company. My wife uses them regularly and is very happy with them. They are quiet (aside from the minor noise of colliding with things) and haven't required any maintenance beyond recharging and tossing out the swiffer pad after each use. If it had a Neato brain, it would be nearly silent (no collision sounds). Hopefully a future version will self-dock or park somewhere designated, mainly to avoid it becoming a tripping hazard.

It's an indoor bot: it's good for minor dust and would be useless for things like small pebbles or leaves. Hence, for the garage, I'd like to find something better suited: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165139

Comment

Working...
              X