Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement from Insteon: Dual-Band SwitchLincs to Replace Powerline-Only Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcement from Insteon: Dual-Band SwitchLincs to Replace Powerline-Only Versions

Announcement from Insteon:
    Dual-Band SwitchLincs to Replace Powerline-Only Versions of models

Models 2476D and 2476S discontinued

In an effort to offer our customers the fastest, most reliable remote control performance possible, we have stopped manufacturing our powerline-only SwitchLinc models (2476D and 2476S) in favor of their dual-band counterparts (2477D and 2477S). INSTEON dual-band communication occurs both over powerline and radio frequency simultaneously, increasing speed, network strength and overall reliability. This will provide you with the best possible experience if you are expanding your system or just starting out.

My Comments: Overall I like it. It removes some of the historic confusion about the assumption that all Insteon Switches were dual band. Worried a little about price.....
    Paul

Would be fine if they kept the same form factor but the dual band relay is too deep for many locations in my house. If any of my relay switches fail (there are over 60 of them) I don't know how I would get a replacement to fit.

Comment

I'm counting on size getting addressed over time with better design. Half of my house was built in the last 40's and I run into the same thing.

The other issue from that time is metal boxes... for me that's proven to kill rf getting to the switch.
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X