Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TANE-WS 1 - Water Sensor With Leads

Hi!

I bought this sensor to monitor my pool water level, so if water drop under a certain level, the pool pump wil be turn off to avoid damage by pumping air.

http://www.tanealarm.com/products/ac.../tane_ws_1.asp

I have a couple of these devices, from what I tested they operated in a similar fashion to a variable resistor. When there was no water detected they measured something like 20MOhms, when water was across the pins the device went down to less than a 100 ohms. I don't use anything similar to Insteon but I just had a quick look at the picture of the EZIO2X4 and it looks to already have a +12V terminal for connection to?

The one thing I see is that the lower limit is 3V, I've not calculated the volt drop expected but from reading that Tane sight it looks to drop 3V from 12V. Still within the limits so if you connected the Tane Red wire to +12V, then the black of the Tane to I1+. Then the ground to I1-, I think that would work but I don't know for definate.

Comment

My problem is the 2 output relays on the ezio2x4 are already used, so I need to know if required power (12v) of the water sensor could be provided by another power source (like a standard 12v power adaptor) and the water sensor connected to an available opto-isolated input of the ezio2x4 device?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X