No announcement yet.

Sick Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete, we have four parrots - two small conures, a Hawkheaded parrot, and an African Grey. The grey loves to play with new toys, and I've been thinking of building a small computer for her with some simple games she can play by pressing buttons with her beak. There is a DS10a on her cage door to alert us if she pulls a Houdini act and escapes. That's happened a few times.

With the speaker setup I'm going to do whole house audio. I have a 12 channel amp (6 stereo channels) I bought off eBay, and an Autopatch 4YMP matrix switcher on its way. 6 sets of in-ceiling speakers covering the back patio, master bath, master bedroom, living room / dining room, family room, and kitchen. For control I'm planning on using J River Media Center, and I'm rewriting the HS plugin for it. I'll probably end up writing a plugin for the Autopatch also.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Thank you Reid.

Thinking initially of starting with very slow; baby steps. I am old now and I have very little patience teaching.

My bird now has become very insolent in the last few years or it might be that she doesn't like my wife; but that also that might be her age these days.

I do remember though feeding her with a nosedropper and making breakfast (she liked eggs mixed with cereal) for her as she was smaller than my hand when I got her; don't think she was weaned at the time.
      Last edited by Pete; July 21, 2012, 03:08 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

We hand fed two of our birds until they were weaned. One of them (the Hawkhead) has decided in the last few years that I am evil and must be destroyed. lol. He only likes my partner. On the other hand, the bird my partner had for several years before I came around is now my best bud. She's 23 years old now and only uses my partner as a means of transportation to get to me.
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Funny; while reading your post my bird had a mini war with one feather that she dropped a few minutes ago.

It happens whenever she is molting. She attacked it as if it were another bird with much veracity until I removed it from the cage.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Funny; while reading your post my bird had a mini war with one feather that she dropped a few minutes ago.

It happens whenever she is molting. She attacked it as if it were another bird with much veracity until I removed it from the cage.
            Our little conure (my buddy) makes sure nobody touches her feathers once she's dropped them. If she loses a tail feather and I pick it up she will rush over and grab it from me, then throw it on the ground.

Comment

Working...
            X