Event not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event not firing

I am pretty new to Homeseer, and am in the process of moving from Indigo/Insteon to Homeseer and Zwave. I just purchased a Z stick and a GE dimmer to start out. I have initialized the devices and can manually control the dimmer from HSPro. I have set up two events, both set time events, to turn it on and off. The event in the morning is working fine, but for some reason, the evening event doesn't occur. I can manually execute the off event with no issue, but HS doesn't appear to even try. Nothing in the log about the automated occurrence anyway. I did notice one issue last night when I manually ran the event that the log threw an error saying the device could not be found, even though the dimmer shut off. Any ideas?

What is the exact error?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There is no real error in the log. The absolute time passes, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the log showing the event is even being attempted. However, I think I may have sovled it. I had 'Disable Automated Event Triggering' checked, which means the event won't run? Like I said, I am pretty new to HS.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinnola View Post
        There is no real error in the log. The absolute time passes, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the log showing the event is even being attempted. However, I think I may have sovled it. I had 'Disable Automated Event Triggering' checked, which means the event won't run? Like I said, I am pretty new to HS.
        Glad you got it sorted and welcome to the ride. It's fun and don't be afraid to ask questions as we've all encountered these issues along the way.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks. Going to be an interesting ride, for sure...

Comment

Kinda like the House of Horrors sometimes.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Everything is always so hard to find, when i first started playing around with Homeseer, i had alot of trouble. its kind of a big learning curve :l

Comment

You can say that again.

Comment

Working...
                X