touvh screen in double gang???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

touvh screen in double gang???

without costing a small fortune, is there a wifi "tablet" running android that fits in a double gang light switch enclosure?

i want to replace the light switches in a few rooms with tablets running hstouch on it, wil be used for lights in that room and a whole load more.

my goal is to not have loads of "extra" things hanging on the walls so replacing the light switches seems the most practical place
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

a double gang box is quite small, i just mounted an arduino in one and it was a bit of a job getting it all in there.

maybe something like this would work:

http://www.liquidware.com/shop/show/BB-BT/BeagleTouch
    just an idea.

Raptor
    Attached Files
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Seems like you could get older iPods Touches and manufacture something to fit.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Seems like you could get older iPods Touches and manufacture something to fit.
        That's probably your best best Zac. I've never seen an Android tablet that small, and if you do find one it would probably have a cheap resistive touchscreen. With something that small a capacitive touchscreen is pretty much a necessity unless you're going to have only a couple of large buttons on screen at once. (think of all the old single gang audio controllers with touchscreens - they were only good if you had no more than a couple of buttons.)
        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

humm yes, i think an ipod touch may just do the job
          detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Working...
          X