Delayed event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed event

I have a zwave switch for my closet light. If someone turns the light on I would like it to shut off 10 minutes later How do I do it in events
    Thanks
    John

Create an event that is triggered on the light going on ( you will need to poll the light) and then put in an action of off with a 10 minute delay.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ive tried that and does not work . Im not sure if im writing the events properly. Im pretty new to Homeseer . Could you tell me how to write the events?

Also will this work if a person turns the light manually by the switch.? Will homeseer know its on and wait 10 minutes?

Thanks
      john

Comment

Originally posted by John2eye View Post
        Ive tried that and does not work . Im not sure if im writing the events properly. Im pretty new to Homeseer . Could you tell me how to write the events?

Also will this work if a person turns the light manually by the switch.? Will homeseer know its on and wait 10 minutes?

Thanks
        john
        If the person turns the light on manually HomeSeer will not know unless you right click on the root device in HomeSeer and set a polling interval. This will update the status and cause an events trigger set to Device Status Change to fire. Then in the actions tab choose Device Action and select the device you want to turn back off in the device drop down list. Select the Off command. Add a delay of 10 minutes or less depending on how often you are polling the device.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X