tenHsEcm12xx and Brultech power monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenHsEcm12xx and Brultech power monitor

Anyone using Ed's Brultech monitor package? If so, is there any way to get it to stop SPEWING the packet information in my log?

It makes it hard to work with my system, since the log is being FLOODED by packet sizes.

I tried hitting Ed up on his support site...(not related to this).
    have not heard anything as of now...of my spam filters ate his reply.
    http://tenholder.net/tenWare2/Email.aspx

Thanks!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

I'm using it with the new GEM emulating 3 ECM-1240's. No spewing debug for me, Did you turn on detailed debugging?

Comment

Dan,

I don't show an open message from you via support page. My apologies. Could you just send simple message via support page and I'll send you my email address.

What log are you referring to? Are messages appearing in your HomeSeer log or tenEcmServer log?

Could you post a few of the log messages?

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Ed,

Thanks! It makes sense why you didn't get anything from me (I run NoScript on my web browser). I am certain the "bug" is something I did wrong. Great package! My WAF went up a d bit when I showed her that I could have a running total cost for the month as well as how the graph plots out to show "now's" power use.

I replied to the address you sent me. Thanks!

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

The messages you are seeing in your HS log indicate that the packet queue used to queue packets continually received from tenEcmServer for processing is larger than 20 packets. You are queueing packets up faster than you are processing them. Normally, I see the queue get larger than 20 packets a few times a week (usually during HS server backup processing), but it usually returns to normal fairly quickly.

Use the Options/ECM Packets screen to see what is happening with the queue.

Also use the Options/General screen to change how frequently the plugin processes packets received from tenEcmServer.

Finally, use the Options/Triggers screen to reduce the frequency that the plugin updates HS devices with ECM values.

You can also configure your ECMs to send packets less frequently, but still send a packet if the value changes by nn much. I am processing packets from 3 ECMs set at 2,3, and 5 seconds.

You might also look at other things that might be creating bottlenecks for HS processing.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Working...
          X