Disable switchlink via HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable switchlink via HS?

Is there is a way to disable an Insteon Switchlinc switch for a defined time period through HS? It's a line switch, not a load switch, for a three way circuit. (well, it used to be a 3-way before I installed the Switchlincs)

Basically I'm wondering if I can have that particular switch be non functional from about 10:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. The only way I can think of is to have HS execute an "On" command for that light circuit whenever that particular switch is turned off. Can this be done? Is there an easier way?

I'm not interested in pulling out the air gap button for disabling as my two year old son would find that 1/8" protrusion fun to pull at. (he is why I want to disable this particular switch for a while)

Thanks!
    -Dave

Are you simply trying to keep the light on if someone turns it off? If this switch reports it's status to HomeSeer then setup and event that is triggered by the switch going off, to turn it back on with a condition of the time range you need.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yep. That's all I want to do.

I believe the switch reports it status to HS. I see it on the Status page. (I'm new to HS and HA in general so please bear with me)

I'll try the event setup. I just didn't know if there was something in Mark's plug-in that allowed me to temporarily disable it on a schedule. Sounds like there is not.

Thanks!
      -Dave

Comment

Quick Question,

I'm setting up the event and I've got the event named, the trigger set up and am looking at the "Action" tab. I selected "Insteon Actions" and then "Send Device Command" to the appropriate switch but when I get to the CMD 1 and CMD 2 boxes, they're looking for a hex (hexidecimal?) input. What's the Hex command for "On" in this case? If it was binary, I'd say "1" . . .

-Dave

Update: I just found this web page:
        http://www.insteon.net/sdk/files/dm/docs/

I'm going to try hex code "11" for On according to this page . . .

I think I just need to know how to set the level in CMD2 now . . . Any input?

Comment

Is this not a regular light switch you are trying to control?

Comment

It's an Insteon Switchlinc Remote Control Dimmer #2746D.

Am I going down the wrong path with the Hex codes I found on that website?

My experiment failed, by the way, entering a code of "11" in the CMD 1 box and leaving the CMD 2 box blank has not seemed to change anything. I did click the "Run" button in the Events page of HS as well.

-Dave

Update: I just noticed that there is a small red circle with a slash through it immediately preceeding the name of this event in the Events page of HS. Clearly this looks like an "Something's not working" symbol . . . but I don't know it's exact meaning or what to do about it. (<grumble> sure would be nice if Homeseer printed a manual for their product . . .)
            Last edited by aviatordave; July 25, 2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

In the action tab select Device Action and select your switch and select on or off.

Comment

Ok. I see how that works. I've set it up and it doesn't seem to be working. Again, there is a small red circle with a slash through it next to the event name in the list of events. Does this mean that anything?

Comment

Originally posted by aviatordave View Post
                  Ok. I see how that works. I've set it up and it doesn't seem to be working. Again, there is a small red circle with a slash through it next to the event name in the list of events. Does this mean that anything?
                  Yes, all new events are diabled by default. You need to check that event and slide to the bottom and select enable.

Comment

That did it. It works!! Thanks!!

-Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X