Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer not "hearing" incoming X10 signals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer not "hearing" incoming X10 signals?

I'm running HS2 with an 1132U interface.. I can send X10 commands from Homeseer out to the house (lights, relays, etc) just fine - this all works great and has for years.

When I send an X10 command FROM a device around the house (ie - an RR501, or even my X10 test transmitter), Homeseer doesn't seem to detect any incoming X10 signal. I don't think its a noise or interference issue as I've gone through all of the normal troubleshooting, have all of my major electronics on filters and don't have any other issues with my setup.

Am I just missing some configuration that tells Homeseer to "listen" for incoming signals? ...or does my 1132U maybe not process incoming signals?

-Brett

Which plugin are you using for the 1132U?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Which plugin are you using for the 1132U?
      I'm using "SmartHome PowerLinc USB - hspi_powerlincusb.exe - 1.0.0.13"

Is this correct or should I be using something else?

-Brett

Comment

Something, maybe not in this case, is people forget there are usually 2 separate circuits (legs) in household wiring. If you have X10 on one leg and the wall interface on the other leg they may not talk.

I can't remember if they call it a phase coupler or what but you may need one to get the wall interface to talk to all circuits in the house.

I rearranged breakers in my box to get all the X10 stuff on one phase and like the appliances on the other leg. This has the benefit also of appliances not inducing noise on the line of your X10 stuff.

Some people have been able to turn on their electric drier and then the dead leg starts to work. Not always but sometimes the drier will couple the two separate phases together (being 220V).

~Bill

Comment

That interface, along with most computer interfaces, is 2 way by design. I can't imagine a configuration option to disable receiving signals

If its never worked receiving signals, it comes down to 2 things

1) Something must be wrong with the unit itself. You never get x10 receive traffic in your log viewer?

2) Noise. You mentioned that you use filters. I've had things like older GFI outlets create this kind of problem, its been hard for me to declare victory on filtering at my house. If the unit is not defective, it very likely could still be a noise problem.

There could be a noise source near the 1132U. I've had a number of 1 way situations like this where something close to a unit (1132U in this scenario) creates noise that numbs incoming signals that are already weakened, but allow transmissions to "escape". I have an x10 Thermostat in this situation.

The smoke test for this is to put a plug in transmitter in the same out let as the 1132U and transmit an x10 signal there and watch the log viewer. I've used an x10 TM751 and a key chain transmitter to do these kinds of tests.
          Paul

Comment

The problem was my 1132U.

I swapped it out for a TI103 (serial, with a USB adapter) and now Homeseer receives X10 signals just fine.

Strange, as I've been using my 1132U for 5 years now, but have only used it to send signals (which it does just fine).. so it looks like my 1132U is broken in a way that prevents it from receiving X10 signals..

What is the best and latest USB X10 interface model nowadays? ..or should I just stick with the TI103?

Comment

Originally posted by brett_cp View Post
              .. or should I just stick with the TI103?
              Yep, this is one of the better interfaces.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If the TI103 works for you, there is probably no reason to look further. The latest addition is the XTB 232.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I did similiar optimizing the fuse panel breakers/circuits relating to X10, Insteon and UPB.

I have now utilized an original XTB for about 10 years or so. A few weeks back I lost the functioning Leviton HCA-02. I have not noted any difference without it.

For those in the UK there is now a TI XXX for use there. Think Mr. Happy has the two X10 devices that he's been playing/testing with (TI and XTB).

I'm still using X10 here and it doesn't skip a beat from what I can tell.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by brett_cp View Post
                    The problem was my 1132U.

Strange, as I've been using my 1132U for 5 years now, but have only used it to send signals (which it does just fine).. so it looks like my 1132U is broken in a way that prevents it from receiving X10 signals..
                    FWIW I have had 1132s simply go dead. Then later after a "rest" they would resurect themselves. I have three of them and when one went into the possum state I would just swap in one of the two spares. This went on for several years until I got fed up and bought the ACT TI103.

My point is; leave your 1132 unit un-connected (both outlet and USB) for more than the usual 10 seconds.

I repeated this feat so many times I re-named the 1132CU, "LazarusLinc". Appearently Joe Dada at Smart Home was not amused, as he never answered my complaint.

Comment

Working...
                    X