Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buzzing from RF9537-N (Low Voltage Z-Wave Dimmer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzing from RF9537-N (Low Voltage Z-Wave Dimmer)

Hello all. I just bought a RF9537-N (Low Voltage Z-Wave Dimmer) to control my under cabinet low voltage lamps.

I previously had a manual low voltage electric dimmer on them and it worked great.

However, this one, there is a buzzing coming from the dimmer switch when they are on. I remember the same buzzing when I installed a non-low voltage dimmer on the low voltage lamps before, but I figured with a 180$ (!!) dimmer switch, there should be no buzzing at all. Its faint but I know I'll notice it every time I walk by the switch.

Any suggestions? If I can't fix it myself I hope HomeSeer has a decent return policy because selling a LV switch that buzzes when hooked up to LV equipment is no bueno!

Originally posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
    Hello all. I just bought a RF9537-N (Low Voltage Z-Wave Dimmer) to control my under cabinet low voltage lamps.

I previously had a manual low voltage electric dimmer on them and it worked great.

However, this one, there is a buzzing coming from the dimmer switch when they are on. I remember the same buzzing when I installed a non-low voltage dimmer on the low voltage lamps before, but I figured with a 180$ (!!) dimmer switch, there should be no buzzing at all. Its faint but I know I'll notice it every time I walk by the switch.

Any suggestions? If I can't fix it myself I hope HomeSeer has a decent return policy because selling a LV switch that buzzes when hooked up to LV equipment is no bueno!
    As a follow up (since I didn't get any responses), I just ended up returning the dimmers.

Likely has something to do with the DC electric low voltage transformer + low voltage dimmer combo, but I didn't feel like trying to rip out the transformer and replace it with an AC one to see if that remedied the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X