Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendation for DSC installer/monitoring service in Massachusetts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for DSC installer/monitoring service in Massachusetts?

Hi,

I am looking into have installed a Homeseer compatible Security system. Existing hardware in the house is ancient and would like to start fresh with something that works with Homeseer (already have installed).

Is it easier to buy the DSC hardware from Homeseer or contact an monitoring company first? Any recommendations for installers/monitoring services in Eastern Massachusetts?

Thanks in advance

If you are handy at all then do it yourself and save. There are enough security users here to lend a helping note if you need it.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      If you are handy at all then do it yourself and save. There are enough security users here to lend a helping note if you need it.
      Thanks Rupp! I'm unfamiliar with how the security business works, but would I easily be able to get a monitoring service then that is compatible with (assuming DSC) hardware I installed myself? I'm not sure how proprietary and/or fragmented the industry is.

Comment

There are several "self-monitoring" service available and most are very affordable. Look up AlarmRelay and NextAlarm.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

If you're a DIYer Rupp is 100% correct. It's not hard to install security, it sounds like you already have the wire run to the important points with old system.

Something to think about is even if you install it yourself, if you contact a security company to manage it they will lock you out of programming from then on out. You can't blame them as a home owner mucking around in something they have taken over responsibility for is a sizable liability for them since the first call you'll make when things go wrong will be them.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X