Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Universal binary sensor FGBS-001 and HomeSeer

Hello.
    I would like to know if Fibaro Universal binary sensor FGBS-001 module works with Homeseer please ?
    thanks !

I would recommend putting in a help desk ticket and mark it "Report a bug" using the blue support link above. I'll change it to pre-sales and reassign it to Rick to get an answer on this.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you - Submission Received. Please see the tracking number below

Call ID: 23867
      thanks !

Comment

Share the answer with the rest of us when HS gets back to you please...
        Nicolai L

Comment

ok no problems !

Comment

Hello,

The short answer is that I do not know if it will work with HomeSeer.

This is a very interesting device. I cannot say for certain that everything will work properly with HomeSeer, but it certainly seems like it would. Setting it up to work with HomeSeer though would be a manual process with you having to go to the device properties page to configure all of the configuration parameters available on it. I am also concerned about their use of Scenes. Normally, devices like this do not think about controllers and they support associations only, and with associations sending a signal when a binary input changes, HomeSeer would not see any difference between the transmission of input 1 being active from input 2 being active. This device however DOES also support the scene activation command class, so it is going to be possible to have HomeSeer recognize the discrete differences between input 1 and input 2 being activated. The problem with the way they did scene activation though is that they pre-defined the scene ID numbers. Usually, a Scene ID is set when the scene is configured. Furthermore, for the Scene Activation to work, the association group 3 is used to set up the devices (e.g. Homeseer) to receive the scene activation command. The scene configuration command class calls for group 1 to be used, so again setting this device up with HomeSeer is going to be a manual process.

The only concern is how HomeSeer interprets the device - if the device reports that it supports scene configuration, which the manual does NOT say it supports, then HomeSeer would create child devices to receive the scene activation commands, which you could use to trigger events. HomeSeer - AT THIS TIME - does not support acting upon a scene activation command without a device to correspond to it. If HomeSeer interprets it as a scene controller though, then it would create 3 child devices ("Buttons") and the 3rd one (Button 3) would receive a scene command. However, they only send the scene activation commands to ONE association group (3) and HomeSeer would be looking for the ONE scene programmed on that group, so to support notifications from both sensors, one would use association and the other would use the scene activation - confusing eh? If this device is truly Z-Wave certified, then this confusing arrangement we would have to support, but I am not sure they are doing everything according to certification.

So as I said at the top, the short answer is that I do not know - I am certain that you could get information from one of the sensors without any problems, it is using both that I could not say unless I had one to work with.
            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

okay,
              thank you for your reply.
              I will receive one this week ,I will see

Comment

This is my Fibaro Universal binary sensor FGBS-001 in homeseer

the 2 sensors input works
                it's ok for me
                i don't have any DS18B20 sensors for testing other input

Comment

configuring options for this device don't work ( with Aeon Labs Z-Stick )
                  when I change a parameter HS attribute the value to all parameters :-(

Edit: maybe a HS display bug in parameters , after testing changes are ok in the module
                  Last edited by Aqua-Passion; August 11, 2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

An other problem here
                    I have put HS in group 3 but direct status update donc work
                    I have to put a short polling
                    not practical for a sensor

Comment

Aqua, are you able to read the input and toggle the outputs on this device from HomeSeer?

Seems like a very interessting device, indeed!
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Hello
                        at this time
                        I can read the 2 sensor in
                        Ds18b20 entries not tested right now
                        I have to buy one

relais Ouput appear to be linked to the inputs ??

the 2 relais are controlled directly by the 2 sensor inputs
                        I can't control relais by HS right now

Comment

Originally posted by Aqua-Passion View Post
                          Hello
                          the 2 relais are controlled directly by the 2 sensor inputs
                          I can't control relais by HS right now
                          Oh, that's too bad. That's what I wanted to do...
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Decidedly more many modules do not work with Homeseer, it is unfortunate for us Europeans who had invested in HS2, I understand why everyone turns to the new box, zibase, vera, eedomus, etc ...

I'm tired of waiting and waiting, I'll also take a box

Comment

Originally posted by Doryphore View Post
                              Decidedly more many modules do not work with Homeseer, it is unfortunate for us Europeans who had invested in HS2, I understand why everyone turns to the new box, zibase, vera, eedomus, etc ...

I'm tired of waiting and waiting, I'll also take a box
                              How long have you been waiting exactly?
                              What devices are you waiting for support on?
                              I have bent over backwards to try to get cooperation from Danfoss (we event sent them a computer!!), have added support for MK Astral (Honeywell), LS Controls, Horstmann Controls, Merten into HomeSeer at user requests, tried to do Qees (could not use all functionality because of how engineered), and Poly Control (product not certified)... and that does not include all of the manufacturers that are non-Euro based that produce North American and Euro products such as Aeon Labs, Everspring, and Remotec, nor does it include manufacturers in the U.S. that make products for multiple frequency zones...

Wow - those are some pretty incredible expectations, especially since while developing HS3, I have not even looked at this product or been in contact with the manufacturer about it.
                              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                              X