Insteon in a zwave house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon in a zwave house

Im sure it's been asked but I couldn't find it...

Are there any radio issues when adding insteon to a setup that has zwave all over the place?

I'm asking only because of fanlinc. That module would be perfect in a few places for me.

Tia
    HSPro on a Supermicro Atom|Z-Net
    Elo touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets, Xbox One
    Global Cach/Ultra-GCIR | Etherrain | Jon00 | Sonos | Blue Iris | URC Whole Home Remotes | Philips Hue | Nest | Grandstream | Leviton | Aeon Labs | Cooper | Kwikset | Evolve | Envisalink/DSC | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

The two protocols play well together in my experience.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Agree with Rupp. They are two different frequencies, with certain "dual band" Insteon devices having both RF and powerline communications. And like z-wave, you will need devices in certain strategic places to build a mesh network. The Insteon devices that are dual band can bridge RF into the powerline and back. Once you have both legs of your powerline "lit up", you should be able at integrate new Insteon devices anywhere in the house. Note that some Insteon devices are powerline only, some are dual band, and some are RF only. This needs be considered when building a network. The FanLinc us dual, IIRC.

-BD

Comment

Working...
      X