Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everspring Doorbell and pushbutton(UTSE03A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone get this working with HS yet?

Comment

Hello,

I try, but no succes, i will buy a Chacon material and i i'll use my rfxcom...

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by bartdesign View Post
        Waiting sucks.
        Yes it does, ESPECIALLY if you are the impatient type.

Vera and fibaro support this doorbell without any problems.
        As they should, since ALL they do is Z-Wave. Since we happen to also do infrared, Insteon, UPB, non-Z-Wave thermostats, X-10, HTML (web server, web scraping) AND scripting, I am happy that you like their Z-Wave. So you have a Vera AND a HomeCenter 2 that you know this personally or is this a generalization as well?

Homeseer seems to get old and unsupported.
        You know, you're right about that - we have been doing home automation for SIXTEEN years; that is old, and we have learned nothing about it all that time. Come to think of it, we were the first to get the Z-Wave SDK in the U.S. when it came out in 2003 and so at TEN years, we are old in Z-Wave too. I guess the thing to do here is to drop everything that we do to support the older Z-Wave products and only make sure that the newest products are supported, and that we have support for them the same day they are shipped to the first customer who buys one - regardless of which continent they live on.

Their whole zwave stack is a mess.
        Oh my, have you been peeking under our stack again? I am kinda wondering how you know this - last I checked I did not think that I had included you the last time I sent our source code for the Z-Wave plug-in out to consumers.

I guess its time to permanently switch to another system...
        Bye. Would you like me to take care of that nagging message board ID for you?

Wish homeseer support was better, i still love the way it works. But the bad support and stubornness of the homeseer team is making me want to switch.
        I agree! I was just saying to Rich the other day I said: "Rich, I don't think I should work on supporting any Z-Wave devices that people bring to our attention in the helpdesk, paid support forum, or bugzilla. I think we should stand our ground and only support the Z-Wave devices that we happen to purchase only for use in our homes. So, I want my money back on the $450 I just spent on European Fibaro devices; sure, the U.S. devices are going to be released soon, but I cannot use these European ones I bought with my own money so let me return them!" "I want to be stubborn and only support 3-4 devices."

We as EU users sadly do not get much love.
        Gosh, I cannot ever imagine why.

And thats bad because i have allot of client installations aswell for my customers. They are going to switch aswell..
        Bye.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

For anybody who wishes to WORK with us and figure out what is going on with this device, please open a bugzilla ticket. The list of command classes that the device supports are all supported by our "messy Z-Wave stack" and have been for years, but the document does not describe AT ALL how the functionality is split between the button and the receiver. Many times companies design these devices to work by themselves rather than being in conjunction with a controller, so unlike other devices which may work right out of the box, devices like these need to be figured out before they can be supported. Z-Wave Plus which is starting to appear in new devices takes care of this by REQUIRING support for intelligent controllers. I can work with anybody who has one of these to see what is needed while I see if I can get one to work with.
          Regards,

Comment

I was warned before purchasing that the pushbutton won't link to HS, so got an Aeon-labs panic alarm button, but can't get either the pushbutton or the panic alert button to control the doorbell directly, nor can I get either of them recognised by HS.

Comment

Hate to say it, but your track record is not good, and Aeon is definitely not helping. The newer Aeon panic button and another one that uses the same form factor are not certified, so Aeon was not suppose to be selling them. They claimed that what they sent us were samples, but they sent a dozen! We pulled them as soon as we found out. So for one, you should always make sure that they appear at http://products.z-wavealliance.org/regions as being certified. THEN you have the issue in that only products certified under a brand new program called Z-Wave+ are guaranteed to work with an intelligent controller. Anything else could very well have been designed to control other devices, and so it does not send discrete signals to HomeSeer that we can use. THIS IS NOT OUR FAULT. These new Aeon devices, even if they were certified, were intended to control other nodes, and NOT work with an intelligent controller.

The MiniMote on the other hand is small, and it is certified, and while it did not work with HS3 out of the box, I made some changes to support configuring it so that you can get discrete signals from it.
              Regards,

Comment

I'd have to agree it isn't going well. A mini-mote I can't use (although I'll have to re-look at that if you've made some changes there), a panic button which isn't even certified (going straight back, damn annoyed about that one) and the everspring doorbell which I can't even get to function as a basic doorbell at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack1979 View Post
                  I'd have to agree it isn't going well. A mini-mote I can't use (although I'll have to re-look at that if you've made some changes there), a panic button which isn't even certified (going straight back, damn annoyed about that one) and the everspring doorbell which I can't even get to function as a basic doorbell at the moment.
                  What is the model of the door bell? Perhaps that one is certified?
                  Regards,

Comment

It's the everspring uts30

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Having moved to bugzilla an update for everyone on the forum considering this device- the bell works fine. Easily controlled and status reports to hs. The button doesn't. It can only be used as a controller either primary (creating it's own unique z wave network with the doorbell with zero interaction with your main hs z wave network or as a secondary controller (eg in place of your z stick).

Solutions:
                      Use a vitrum button configured as a push button, but cannot be used outdoors so not great for a doorbell.
                      Use a normal (non-lit) doorbell with something which accepts a dry contact input like the fibaro universal sensor.
                      Everything else is more heath-Robinson for some minor interaction with your doorbell.

I've already got a wired doorbell so I've painted it, replaced the button with an led lit aluminium one and sent back the doorbell (and the aeon labs panic alarm I also tried as a button which isn't z wave certified and they're buying back with apologies for mis-selling then).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but does this mean that you could buy the Everspring doorbell, then mount a minimote outside to be the button (it would trigger the zwave doorbell portion)?

Comment

How about this? Has anyone gotten it to be a button on the HS3 network?

2gig DBELL1 350-Feet Range Wireless Doorbell

I see mention elsewhere about it only working with 2gig, but I can't find it actually mentioned on the HS forums?

Comment

Techfan, from what I remember there were no officially working Zwave doorbells.
                            But you could take a everspring window sensor ( has 2 slots for wires to come out) and attach it to the contact wires for the door bell. It would act as a momentary z wave switch

Tom
                            Tom
                            baby steps...starting again with HS3
                            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Thanks. It surely does seem there are no official doorbells. . .seems strange to me. The Everspring one seems to have worked with just the bell associated, but the button wouldn't ever join the HS network. It still would be useful if I could use something like a minimote to trigger the bell from the outside. . .it would solve the issue of what to trigger.

My current doorbell is a wireless bell that came with the house (just over a year as the owner). . .so I can't attach it to wires at this point.

Of course, I am having a bit of a challenge finding an Everspring doorbell for sale even. . .and I don't know if the 2gig bell would work the same way. . .strange no one on the forums seems to have ever mentioned it.

Comment

Working...
                              X