Act ti103-rs232

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Act ti103-rs232

I plugged it in. added a usb adapter onto serial and plugged into usb. went and installed and it is giving me this error. 8/11/2012 9:23:29 AM - Error - Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_TI103.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.

I have rebooted reinstalled etc. no luck.

I seem to remember there was only one file for this plugin and it was a .ocx file as it is an older plugin. Do you have a file in your HS directory which is called something like hspi_ti103.ocx?

Comment

no i dont see the hspi_ti103.ocx

Comment

May not be installing correctly, do you see an entry like this in the log when HS starts?

11/08/2012 18:07:17 - Plug-In - Found plug-in: ACT TI103, version: 2.0.0.5

I've attached the plugin file here if you want to try just placing it in your HS directory and restarting HS...
        Last edited by mrhappy; August 17, 2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

ok great! thanks i will try and post results.

Comment

The latest version is on the updater. You might try installing it from there.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Hey Mfisher and Mrhappy,

I did grab latest version from the updater. It never worked. gave me that error above. so i went in and took Mrhappy suggestion and this isnt working either. So i went on Com 4 erased the driver and reinstalled and started over same thing is happening. Might go with different module i guess what would u guys recommend?

Comment

The TI103 (well I use the TI223 but it is the same just for the UK market) I have found to be really stable and a good bit of hardware - the CM11 is the other alternative (+ others for the US market - not sure on what you have available) but that has more issues than I found with the TI103 (lockups/prone to just failing or needing to be unplugged for a time).

I would try and use it personally and sort out the driver problems. It could be the USB adaptor - do you have any serial ports on older PC's to try?

To rule out the hardware/USB cable there is a piece of software on the ACT website that can be used to test and send commands to the TI103, may be a consideration.

I'm not sure where the error comes from as if the file was not there I don't know how it would get the reference to HSPI_TI103.HSPI. But if you are saying the file is not there not sure what to think.

When HS loads it should run through a list of plugins it finds, do you get an entry like in post #4 or do you get the error instead? Does it find the plugin and then fail on connection/initialisation?

Comment

thanks for the help! yes when it runs thru its list it gives this error still. Error - Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_TI103.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set. I read another post with the same problem they said to modify the config file but my computer will not let me. I try to save and says access denied. figured permission thing but i am running in admin mode.

Comment

I think mfisher wrote the plugin so hopefully may be able to help you, not sure if the older .ocx files need registering which should be catered for automatically but if they do perhaps you have some problems with permissions (if you are saying you are in admin mode and not able to update other files - what hardware/OS is this on?). Don't think it would hurt to try it if you run out of ideas, relatively easy to do like this; http://www.ocxme.com/ocx-register.php

Comment

When HomeSeer starts, it looks in its root directory (where HomeSeer.exe is located) for files that begin with HSPI_ (plugins) and lists all the ones it found in the HS log. A bit later in the start up process, it initializes each plugin and makes entries in the HS log as it begins initialization, then any plugin specific entries and finally whether it succeeded or failed. It then moves on to initialize the next plugin or continue with startup if all the plugins have been initialized.

In order to help you troubleshoot this issue, it would be most helpful to see your HS log from startup to several lines past the point of failure (ie; where it begins on the next plugin.) If you would copy this portion of your log and post it here as a txt attachment, I'll have a look to see if we can determine where things are going wrong.

BTW, please try not to get discouraged. The Ti103 is the best X10 interface I've ever used (I've been doing HA for over 25 years) and the plugin has been extremely stable.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

^^^ as mfisher said.. it is a good controller. I have not had any issues with it... however (for me) i did not see an improvement over my 1132CU (which is in my spare parts as a backup unit)
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

thankyou! doing it right now. will post shortly

Comment

ok here is two links. One is the config file link. Other is the HS Log you requested. Thanks for your help!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51143358/Hom...igsettings.ini

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51143358/Hom...n/HS%20Log.txt

Comment

Bryan, thanks for the files. In your HS logfile, I see that the issue is not with the Ti103 plugin, but with the HS Compatibility Interface (see the log snip below.) The Ti103 plugin is COM based and requires this HS interface to be functional. This is why it's not loading.

Code:
                              8/14/2012 7:44:58 PM  - System - Registering hs_compatibility.exe with Windows
                              [COLOR="Red"]8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Error - Unable to initialize HomeSeer 1.x compatibility interface: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4B3C1F4A-4B61-4897-B13F-5DF3D40C7954} failed due to the following error: 80040154.[/COLOR]
                              8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Startup - Checking for available plug-ins
                              8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U, version: 1.0.1.0
                              8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: X10 CM15AUSB, version: 1.0.0.3
                              8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: DirecTV, version: 2.2.0.12
                              8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: HSTouch Server, version: 1.0.0.58
                              8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: HSTouch Android, version: 1.0.0.2
                              8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: HSTouch iPhone, version: 1.0.0.2
                              8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: HSTouch Server Unlimited, version: 1.0.0.1
                              8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: Insteon, version: 1.1.52.1
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: iTunes, version: 2.5.0.13
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: Media Center, version: 2.1.0.3
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: Media Player, version: 2.5.0.16
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Error - Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_TI103.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Found plug-in: UPB, version: 1.0.2.7
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Startup - Initializing Plug-Ins
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: HSTouch Server
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in HSTouch Server
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: HSTouch iPhone
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in HSTouch iPhone
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Finished initializing X10 interface 
                              8/14/2012 7:45:01 PM  - Plug-In - Finished initializing infrared interface
                              So, we just need to get this HS component fixed and you should be on your way.

BTW, a word of advice, when you have an issue in HS and you are reviewing the log for errors, always look above the error (ie; back in time) to see if something else may be the cause of the problem. HS has many dependent components and, as is the case here, a past event may point you to the real issue - and save you a bunch of time and frustration.

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to this issue, but I suspect it has something to do with the OS you are running, how HS was installed and/or permissions.

I see that you're running HS Pro version 2.5.0.52.
                              What version of Windows are you running?
                              When you installed HS, were you logged in as an administrator?

There is some discussion in this thread about the HS 1.xx compatibility interface failing to load, start reading at post #12: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=870323

And this thread addresses it as well: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=959239

I would suggest that we get Rupp involved as he has probably dealt with this numerous times. I'll send him a quick message to have a look at this.
                              Best regards,
                              -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                              X