Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video surveillance software?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    The same site has domes if you want to play doing a DIY. I did purchase an outdoor IP65 rated dome. Not sure though how it will hold up as its all plastic.

    Here I am using old purchased stuff that I never used; Speco domes and Everfocus. I haven't tried yet playing with the Everfocus dome. It is better built than the Speco Domes and a bit larger (has a heater in it).

    I have not had any issues with the Ubiquiti and Grandstream stuff with Zoneminder yet. I am pushing my Ubuntu box major though now moving toward HD. (16 total streams and 8 IP now going to HD streams).

    Taking a break here built another speco dome HD camera and dropped a tiny screw that took me some 10 minutes to find. I have to remove the camera from the camera board and remount the two boards separately inside of the dome using the legacy mounting bracket. The interconnection is a small zif cable which I like better than the small pin connectors.
    - Pete

    Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
    Fanless Intel® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

    X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Pete View Post
      The same site has domes if you want to play doing a DIY. I did purchase an outdoor IP65 rated dome. Not sure though how it will hold up as its all plastic.

      Here I am using old purchased stuff that I never used; Speco domes and Everfocus. I haven't tried yet playing with the Everfocus dome. It is better built than the Speco Domes and a bit larger (has a heater in it).

      I have not had any issues with the Ubiquiti and Grandstream stuff with Zoneminder yet. I am pushing my Ubuntu box major though now moving toward HD. (16 total streams and 8 IP now going to HD streams).

      Taking a break here built another speco dome HD camera and dropped a tiny screw that took me some 10 minutes to find. I have to remove the camera from the camera board and remount the two boards separately inside of the dome using the legacy mounting bracket. The interconnection is a small zif cable which I like better than the small pin connectors.
      Thanks Pete

      Just started playing with ZM. Can't get my Foscam working with it at all. Really surprised there are no supplied presets for these cameras. Ever tried with Foscam? Any tips?

      I'm ready to trash the foscams. I don't mind to at $100 a piece (got 3). I'm prepared to buy better cameras in $200-300 but need to be sure these work as I don't want another Foscam experience at that price
      ________________________

      Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
      HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
      2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
      USB UIRT
      Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
      WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
      HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
      HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
      2GIG Thermostat
      BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
      BLUPS
      UltraLog (SQL2008)
      Jon00 Plugins
      Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
      Global Cache IP2IR
      Foscam FI8918W

      Comment


        #33
        Here I have only one running right now. Its the 2nd generation PT. It is connected to ZM and I don't really pay attention much to it these days. I had to play with the buffers in ZM because it kept rebooting the camera (way back now).

        Remote Foscam remote host path that I use is:

        Code:
        /videostream.cgi?user=username&pwd=password&resolution=640X480
        Someone on the ZM forum did write a ZM control script for the Foscam a couple of years back. I use it and it works for me. I think I posted it in the ZM build stuff.

        I don't know much about the newer HD IP Foscams though as I have not purchased any. I can though "boot loop" my Foscam by making it multitask; PT move, light changes etc at the same time. Note though is is second generation from way back. The only fix is for me to power down and restart it.
        Last edited by Pete; August 11, 2013, 11:04 AM.
        - Pete

        Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
        Fanless Intel® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

        X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Here I have only one running right now. Its the 2nd generation PT. It is connected to ZM and I don't really pay attention much to it these days. I had to play with the buffers in ZM because it kept rebooting the camera (way back now).

          Remote Foscam remote host path that I use is:

          Code:
          /videostream.cgi?user=username&pwd=password&resolution=640X480
          Someone on the ZM forum did write a ZM control script for the Foscam a couple of years back. I use it and it works for me. I think I posted it in the ZM build stuff.

          I don't know much about the newer HD IP Foscams though as I have not purchased any. I can though "boot loop" my Foscam by making it multitask; PT move, light changes etc at the same time. Note though is is second generation from way back. The only fix is for me to power down and restart it.
          thanks pete
          ________________________

          Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
          HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
          2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
          USB UIRT
          Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
          WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
          HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
          HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
          2GIG Thermostat
          BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
          BLUPS
          UltraLog (SQL2008)
          Jon00 Plugins
          Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
          Global Cache IP2IR
          Foscam FI8918W

          Comment


            #35
            The attached picture is of the front cam and going back from a 4mm to 3.6mm lens. Next trying maybe the 1.7mm lens. This is the camera board and lens that I was playing with yesterday. Very easy to put into place once you have POE configured. I used an outdoor plastic can which is literally inside of concrete bricks. Many of my cams are mounted on brick; which in itself was a PITA. One cam's cabling starts at about 8 feet into the house, into one attic, across to another attic then down a chase two floors into the basement then across the basement to the patch panel. Just this one camera's wiring took a good part of one day (IE: also wired another cat5e, rg6, power plus currently utilized cat5e.) A while ago I switched over from using the RG-6 to cat5e baluns. They seemed a bit better regarding noise and stuff.
            Attached Files
            - Pete

            Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
            Fanless Intel® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
            HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

            X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by reidfo View Post
              - Vitamin D: Nice, but relatively inflexible, and not actively developed anymore.
              From a recent posting (August 7, 2013) in their forum, it is suggested that while there have been no updates in 2 years, they are developing Vitamin D. See the end of the forum topic "The future of Vitamin D?": http://vitamindvideo.com/forums/view...04773f7d56a35b
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              242 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              37 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

              Comment


                #37
                Has anyone used both ispy and Blueiris and have an opinion of them?

                I've used ispy for about 6 months and really like the features. Blueiris seems popular but on my quick trial run it seemed more clunky than ispy and also cost $60 + $40 for plugin + $10 for android app = $110.

                iSpy is free* and it has a html interface so I was planning on maybe spending a few hours (or more likely a few weekends) writing a simple plugin for it - unless enough people recommend blueiris over ispy for whatever reasons.

                My favourite feature is timelapse, so I do a timelapse of the backyard while I'm at work and see what the dog got up to in 2 minutes when i get home. I also did a timelapse once of us sleeping so I could prove to the wife that its her that rolls around and throws the covers on the floor in the middle of the night (I was correct).

                NOTE*: ispy is free to access from local LAN but paid for remote access. With HS3 integration, there is basically no need to remote access unless you want to watch your recordings from afar - there are also other ways around this like opening a port to your media server so remote access is not required.

                Comment


                  #38
                  I also did a time lapse once of us sleeping so I could prove to the wife that its her that rolls around and throws the covers on the floor in the middle of the night (I was correct).
                  Funny.

                  You have a patient wife. Here wife would not accept a camera pointing to us sleeping; well unless we were looking for a poltergeist.

                  None noticed though in this house.

                  If you wanted to you can also look at Zoneminder. I have been using it for years with Homeseer.

                  Today its running for analogue and digital HD IP cameras and works fine.

                  "for Lands sake"; I just brought up that very point with my wife and she said she would like to use a time lapse video to prove what I do with the sheets while we sleep at night. (well taking all of the blankets)
                  Last edited by Pete; October 13, 2014, 09:59 AM.
                  - Pete

                  Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
                  Fanless Intel® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
                  HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

                  X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post

                    NOTE*: ispy is free to access from local LAN but paid for remote access. With HS3 integration, there is basically no need to remote access unless you want to watch your recordings from afar - there are also other ways around this like opening a port to your media server so remote access is not required.
                    You might want to try "NetCam Studio". It is the new version of WebCam XP. Free for 1-3 cameras. I like it a lot. It has TimeLapse capabilities. It also works with HS3.

                    Steve Q


                    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                      You might want to try "NetCam Studio". It is the new version of WebCam XP. Free for 1-3 cameras. I like it a lot. It has TimeLapse capabilities. It also works with HS3.

                      Steve Q
                      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                      Have you been able to view the Netcam Studio video from these webcams in HSTouch? I haven't been able to figure out the command line using a username and password. I tried removing the username and password from Netcam Studio but it wouldn't let me do that.
                      I used to use Webcam XP and could choose to not to password protect the video and could display it in HSTouch with no problem.

                      Thanks
                      - Robert

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by RJS View Post
                        Have you been able to view the Netcam Studio video from these webcams in HSTouch? I haven't been able to figure out the command line using a username and password. I tried removing the username and password from Netcam Studio but it wouldn't let me do that.
                        I used to use Webcam XP and could choose to not to password protect the video and could display it in HSTouch with no problem.

                        Thanks
                        - Robert
                        I don't use video captures on WebCamXP or NetCam Studio. My HS2 computer is not fast enough to process the video. I use the motion detector of WebCamXP to capture a photo from my camera. I view the camera images via the Jon00 web page builder.

                        I have a few HS2Touch pages that display the current image from my cameras. I don't use them very often because they are slow to load.

                        I am currently working with HS3 and Netcamstudio but I have not done anything yet with HS3touch. I will experiment with Netcamstudio and streaming video and I will post my findings.

                        Steve Q


                        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X