capturing speaker client text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

capturing speaker client text

I have an idea that I would like to try. Is there anyway to capture the text of the speaker client into a variable? or multiple variables? Here is what the idea is. Being a mainlobby user (8 years now) I finally upgraded to ML4. of course this brought about building all new scenes. I would like to have a text box with everything that the speaker client speaks. That way when I arrive home I can see what was said, or maybe just the last 10 things that was said. I have outside motion sensors that have a script that speaks "Front west corner" or "back door" Since the speaker client has a date and time stamp I would be able to know what hapened when

Anyone have any ideas?

another thought is maybe I could parse the HS Log,
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

I use BLSpeech as a speak proxy and it has a queue that can be set to a virtual device to hold how ever many of the last speech items fired that you like. If I'm reading this correctly that's pretty much what you are trying to do.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

How about this?
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

Looks great! I've downloaded it but need to go to a client. I will let you know how it works out

As always, I should have checked your site
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Jon,
          another excellent piece of work. I am getting double entries but haven't had a chance to look at it. I'll get a chance once I get a handle on creating all new scenes in Mainlobby 4. Then it is probably time to rebuild the Homeseer side of things. This database is ~9 years old and has a lot of bits and pieces of decommissioned plugins and hardware.
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
            Jon,
            another excellent piece of work. I am getting double entries but haven't had a chance to look at it. I'll get a chance once I get a handle on creating all new scenes in Mainlobby 4. Then it is probably time to rebuild the Homeseer side of things. This database is ~9 years old and has a lot of bits and pieces of decommissioned plugins and hardware.
            Thanks,

What do you mean by double entries... the speech being shown twice on a virtual device or 2 virtual devices?
            Jon

Comment

At first I was getting double entries on a single speaker client, after a reboot the double entries went away.

All is well with this part of the system
              Over The Hill
              What Hill?
              Where?
              When?

Comment

Working...
              X