Location for no login?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location for no login?

Is there a place I can put a file in the existing Homeseer Webserver / configuration option that would allow a NON-logged in user to grab a file?

I am not on 2.5.0.20 - have not tested recently, but on 2.3 I remember placing a file at the ROOT of the webserver, and with a direct link to the file I could get access to this file without the user needing to log into my server.

Does this still exist? I have been playing with using Android programs Zoom + Tasker to display an image generated using Jon00's Image Builder script. I do this for things I want to have quick immediate access to (not waiting for Rover/Jon00 webpages load, nor wait for HStouch to load.

First step, if I can gain access without logging in, that would be great. Then I need to somehow get Tasker to call a link to rover's event execute (to build the image). I might use wget or something.

I've used Tasker to go basic authentication, but my guess is Homeseer's double login, or something is just not letting me access my server from outside the domain.

Or is there a way to make my external IP address seem local, or treated as local to the server, so it will not require authentication (no VPN, SSH)?
    I have a DYN DNS so I can access my IP address and change that if necessary.

Any other thoughts?

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

had 2 minutes to test this while waiting for something at work.

--Awesome, so this still works. Now, I just have to get a call to my rover webpage, which will call the event.

Is there anyway to maybe MOVE the file from root to another directory where there wouldn't be any Password?

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

If you're just needing to grab a file, have HS drop it into a dropbox folder. From there, you can use the dropbox app for android and retrieve the file.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

rmasonjr, (sorry, was not 100% here when I wrote that)

Good idea. I was able to get the file to download without username/password. As long as it is at the ROOT of the HTML folder.

SO, this "backdoor" must just work for download, rather than true access (rover.asp is not executing).
        I guess I just have to see if I can get wget or something like that to access the rover file...but if that is the case, I might as well just leave the image file where it is (so I do not make a mess in my HTML root).

I've not been able to get something like ROVER to execute though. That is where I am currently stuck. I need to execute an event, initiated FROM Tasker TO HomeSeer. I need it to be faster than an e-mail, and would prefer to NOT have to open the Google web browser. I guess if I have to just to get past the login credentials...I will, but that is kind of kludgy.

--Dan
        Last edited by drozwood90; August 22, 2012, 02:25 PM. Reason: wrong name...lol

Comment

I tried so many different ways to execute a HS event from Tasker and could not get the HTTP POST to work. There might have been a Tasker update since I last tried though.

If I figure out how to do it, I'll post - you do the same if you get it to work...
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Roger that. Will do.

At the moment, I'm thinking I will need to run a secure settings call to shell, and run wget with password options flagged.

Unless I can get something like lynx...hmm...lynx for android...?
            http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1188883

Maybe, if that is run from a shell in Secure Settings, it'll stay hidden. Will play as soon as I can.

--Dan

Comment

ok, been messing with a lot of thing.

wget, lynx, etc.

I'm now down to just setting up a python script that Tasker can call. The script will SSH into my system, and execute a batch or VBS file. Hopefully that will do it.

I've so far been unsucessful at getting any SSH "drivers" or packages to install/function properly on my Android (tried 2 / 3). I've settled on testing two more, that seems REALLY easy to install. on needs a package to install: PexPect. The other, is a wrapper file that someone wrote using "built-in" Python libraries. So, IF I can ensure that the right crypto library is installed, that would be the easiest. If no, then it seems that the install for PexPect is going to be easier to install than others I have seen (well for me at least!).

I think that is the only way to get in there. HS's login just seems too difficult for a script to try to log in to. Or at least I do not know how to manipulate it enough to do it!

--Dan

Comment

I'm pretty interested in this too, but a more complete solution may be so fundamental that it has to wait for HS3.

For my Snevl Latitude app, the guys who do BTraced are wanting to allow their iPhone app to post data to a Homeseer web page that I would add in order to integrate BTraced data. The fact that there isn't a "authentication free zone" of pages makes it pretty hard for them.

It seems like what we need longer term is an "html2" directory where pages that are not intended to require authentication could be. Now I will admit, this brings up all sorts of security issues that would have to be addressed (hence my HS3 comment). Still, it would be pretty useful.

Alternatively, if the HS guys published their interface and authentication methods for the HSTouch interface, other apps could use it. I know that doesn't solve the rover issue though....

Steve

Comment

Figured it out.

On mobile...will post when I get home.

Comment

Ok,

So, I installed Tinyweb Server.
                    www.ritlabs.com/tinyweb/

I actually installed this one:
                    http://itsecuritylab.eu/index.php/20...d-php-support/

This has links to versions that support PHP and has examples.

In there, they run net users or some command. Basically, I made a .vbs that executes my event that I needed to run, i.e. generate the image using Jon00's script.

So, that took care of that. I am working to get that with SSL support as well.

On my Android, I used Tasker and Zoom. I setup a Zoom Widget that links to a local file on my Android.

/sdcard/Zoom/cache/QuickInfo.png (generated image from HSServer)
                    I generated a file that just says please wait, loading new image

I told the widget to run Tasker task "getImage"

That task:
                    1. runs a secure settings: rm /sdcard/Zoom/cache/*x600.bmp
                      1. have to do this because Zoom keeps making new cache files each time we switch
                    2. starts an HTTP Get to run the PHP command file, which executes the vbs script
                      1. vbs script grabs a HS object, then just makes an hs.triggerevent "myevent"
                      2. can do this since PHP is run server side
                      3. Jon00's image builder loads the file into Tinyweb's wwroot directory to access from Tasker, login-free
                    3. changes the Zoom element to /sdcard/Zoom/QuickInfo.png
                      1. NOW shows WAITING to load
                      2. Chose the same name because I thought it would not keep generating new files for the cache...didn't matter and I was too lazy to change it to something else
                    4. Makes Tasker wait 1 second...why not?
                    5. Tasker HTTP Get to bring in the new image from the server.
                      1. overwrites the file /sdcard/Zoom/cache/QuickInfo.png
                      2. just where I decided to put it. Zoom will make a bmp out o it, so it really doesn't matter
                    6. Update Zoom to point at the newly downloaded file.
                      1. if you do not bounce between two files, Zoom doesn't seem to want to give up the image it cached
                    So, now ON demand, I can scroll over to a page on my Android desktop, tap the Zoom widget and get a quick status of a lot of things. I'm working on getting another page setup in the same way with my security cameras. Basically, instead of a 4x4 filling the entire desktop page, I'll put 2x1 widget to it the rectangular image. I can do the same thing, update 1 frame when you click it to grab a single snapshot from each camera.

--Dan

Comment

Steve, you should be able to pass anything you want through the PHP script.

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X