Controlling 2 lights from 2 wall switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling 2 lights from 2 wall switches

I'm new to Z-wave and was looking for some advice. I currently have a hard wired, 3-way switched outlet in a room - something like:

Switch 1 (3way) -> Switch 2 -> outlet 1

What I want to achieve is to have one light plugged into outlet 1 and another light plugged into another outlet on the other side of the room (outlet 2). I'd like switch 1 and 2 to control the lights in both outlets and support dimming.

The solution I'm considering is to buy two remote (no load) switches (Evolve LTM-5) and two dimming lamp modules but that's really expensive ($200). Is there any cheaper way to achieve this? Can I use a 3 way switch kit to control the light at outlet 1 and a lamp module at outlet 2 and then link them together?

Thanks!

Here is some fuel for thought.
    I had a three way set of lights in my hallway. 2 overhead lights and 3 wall switches.
    I found the hot feed, then removed it so I could use a toner and mapped out all the wires in the walls. Drew pictures and then labeled each wire. I ended up with 2 led bulbs and did not use a dimmer. I ended up with a ge wall switch and 2 of the evolve wall controllers. I ended up sending the ac all the way through all of the switches and put the one ge switch at the end of line.
    Stuart

Comment

Stuart,
      Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I don't understand what you're describing but I don't see how that applies to my situation. I have one outlet connected to a 3 way switch and one random other outlet that I want to control. Maybe a simpler question would help:

Can z-wave 3-way switch kit also control another outlet or light in addition to the load that's hard wired to the switch?

Comment

Working...
      X