x10 modules no longer available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x10 modules no longer available?

I've been searching for x10 spotlights and an in-line module. They seem to be listed as out of stock or no longer available. Anyone know if these items have been discontinued?

Thanks,
    Barry

I had a couple of those and they never seemed to last. If you have a panel hooked up to HS IMO the better long term solution is to get an outdoor motion detector like an optex and then replace the wall switch that controls the spotlight with a UPB switch, (or if you have to, an X10 switch), and add an event to control the switch with the motion.

Comment

The PR511 does seem to have been discontinued by X10, which is a shame. I have three on the house and now I'll have to hunt for a couple of spares.
      Not even any on ebay. Didn't see that coming. I wonder if there's a Z-Wave all-in-one alternative.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Here I have numerous outdoor sensors for this or that.

I have events which do turn on outdoor LV/HV lighting based on these sensors.

I was entertaining the new 10-15 Watt LED spots/floods mounted high up on each face of the home. They have small footprints today and you can do LV or HV setups with them. Really though I was going to install these to bug the neighbors. These sell for around $20-30 USD each these days.

My neighbor across the court installed similiar halogen decorative floods. He did mention that he's been changing bulbs frequently on his decorative floods.

They look OK on at night but personally I would only use them for security rather than a decorative light wash top to bottom. I see other homes in our subdivision doing similiar with cans or floods under eaves of the the two story homes. I think it looks ok for commercial lighting of buildings but not really residential. That is my opinion.
        Last edited by Pete; August 25, 2012, 08:38 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
        Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy70_99 View Post
          . . . IMO the better long term solution is to get an outdoor motion detector like an optex and then replace the wall switch that controls the spotlight with a UPB switch, (or if you have to, an X10 switch), and add an event to control the switch with the motion.
          I agree. If you have ACRF2, then you could use a wireless X10 motion sensor to trigger the switch. I have several of these around the house. Not only are they inexpensive, but they work very reliably. (At night. I have HS ignore them during the day.) They also provide flexibility in where to locate them, so you can be selective of the zone you want to monitor for motion. You can even have multiple sensors linked to one switch or one sensor linked to multiple switches. Limited only by your ingenuity.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X