diagnose x10 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diagnose x10 problem

new setup. x10 signals dont get out of the basement where my HS rack and t103 are. i have circuit panel upstairs. could be phase?
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Do you have a phase coupler?

To test this out, move the X10 interface to another outlet that's on the opposite phase. If you're not sure what phase the outlets are on, just try moving to a few other outlets and see if you get different results.

Alternatively, move the X10 devices you are trying to control around to see if you get different results when they are in different places.
    Paul

Comment

Also, the closer the TI103 is to the panel and coupler, the better. Otherwise signals have to travel down 'X' feet of wire before reaching the panel and lose that much strength on the way.
      Paul

Comment

Good points. Will try. Thanks.
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

should i consider moving the TI103 to the panel area? its about 50 feet from the HS panel.

Comment

I did that originally when I started with X10 for this reason. I had a 40' phone cord to move the PSC05 X10 2 way to my panel from where my x10 controller, an ocelot was located.

The good news for you is that the TI103 uses a Serial connection and I have seen a number of posts where serial cables have easily gone 50' using category 5, 5e or 6 cable which is readily available. There are even connectors available that will go from serial to a standard lan drop cable. You could buy a 50' LAN drop cable at bestbuy and then order two of the connectors and never touch a soldering iron or side cutters.

Pete knows a lot about this, I don't know if he reads this he might be able to suggest where to get the serial connectors for this.
            Paul

Comment

Working...
            X