ST814 Temp/Hum - Trouble adding to HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST814 Temp/Hum - Trouble adding to HS

I bought 2 Everspring ST814 Temperature/Humidity (Z-Wave) detectors during a recent Homeseer Store sale.

Using my Z-Troller, I believe I have successfully added them to the Z-Troller. I have a "01" in Mode 7 under the Set button.

One ST814 is node 13 and the other is node 15.

I reconnected the Z-Troller to HS. I also restarted the HS box as HS had become unresponsive after a power and Internet outage while we were away traveling. When HS came back up, I imported (Setup:Interfaces:Manage (HS Z-Troller Serial):Import Devices) these new nodes and that log looks like this:

Loading network information from your Z-Wave interface... Done.
    Synchronizing network information against HomeSeer devices...
    The Z-Wave network has 12 nodes.
    Found node 13. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node.
    Failed to get basic node information from new node 13, cannot continue to load this node.
    Found node 15. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node.
    Failed to get basic node information from new node 15, cannot continue to load this node.
    Instructing the Z-Wave thermostat functions in HomeSeer to verify all Z-Wave thermostats.
    Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

I Rescanned Nodes and Optimized Nodes. Many times. These nodes still will not show up in the Status page. When I look at Node Info, both of these 2 nodes appear in a table below all active nodes and have a Remove button next to them as they are known nodes that are not configured and not communicated with.

How can I put the ST814 into a mode where HS will find it and load it on a Rescan?

Thanks,

Jim

You should add these devices using the add node capability via the Z-Wave management page with the devices close to Z-Troller. Then move them to their final location ad optimize.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Thanks for the quick feedback. Before I read your note, I messed with this more and got node 13 scanned and added correctly. I did this by doing a Rescan Devices while pressing 3-times quickly on the C/F/L button of the ST814, sort of forcing it into RF "ON" mode during the scan.

I will try your method on node 15 after first deleting it from the Z-Troller.

Next up is to figure out which item of the 5, I need to work on to adjust settings and the time interval. Anyone know?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jbeletti; August 29, 2012, 09:12 AM. Reason: Changed SET to C/F/L

Comment

Okay - figured out how to do some level of control.

Clicked on Root Device (the one with No Status), then clicked on Configure. At the bottom of that screen, I was able to set Parameter 6 with a value.

Note that the value would NOT set until I pressed the ST 814 C/F/L button 3 times quickly and repeatedly while clicking once on the SET button on the Configure screen.

Progress Time to deploy it.
        Last edited by jbeletti; August 29, 2012, 09:12 AM. Reason: Changed SET to C/F/L

Comment

Working...
        X