X10 SetDeviceStatus Scripting Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 SetDeviceStatus Scripting Problem

I recently upgraded to 2.5.0.58. I'm also trying to better integrate HS with RedEye and have been working with scripts and ASP/ASPX. At first I thought I was nuts, but have confirmed this behavior several way.

I have noticed that hs.setdevicestatus calls from scripts (VB or ASP/ASPX) (with or without byname) are no longer working for X10 devices. They work find for my Insteon devices. Not sure if problem existed prior to 2.5.0.58 or not.

Non-scripted events continue to control X10 devices correctly.

for example

hs.setdevicestatusbyname("kitchen undercabs",3) 'does nothing, but
    hs.setdevicestatusbyname("family room lamp",3) 'turns off the light.

Both are correctly controlled by the on/off buttons on the HS device page.

Any confirmation or ideas?

I think this has something to do with the way the plug-in interprets the SetDeviceStatus statement. I've found that for X10, the most reliable command is ExecX10. Try, hs.ExecX10byname("kitchen undercabs", "Off",0,0)
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Uncle Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work either. It did make the Insteon part stop working, but the X10 device still didn't respond.

Comment

What X10 interface do you use and do these codes run from the control panel or does this not work either?

Comment

Everything works fine from the control panel. And, events which manage X10 devices directly (i.e. non-scripted) also work. It's only the VB and ASP/X scripts that don't work with X10 devices. Very strange.

I use a USB-connected Smarthome 2413U with Insteon PLM Plug-In v1.6.1.0.

Comment

I do need help with this

I know this sounds nuts, but I'm seeing what I'm seeing.

If I call hs.setdevicestatus (with or without the byname) for an Insteon device it works, and, with detailed Insteon logging turned on, I see all of the chit-chat. The same script using an X10 device does not work and produces no chit-chat. If I use the control panel to turn the X10 device it works and I see chit-chat in the log.

I don't know where else to look.

Comment

If you are trying to control a device you need to be using hs.execX10 or hs.transmit
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok..that worked

But I swear that I didn't have to call both setdevice and execx10 before.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by madmellow View Post
                  But I swear that I didn't have to call both setdevice and execx10 before.
                  Thanks
                  You do not have to call setDevice as the execX10 and Transmit methods set this automatically.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X