Art deco style switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art deco style switches?

I'm planning a home theater buildout that will be all art deco style. I want to replace the switches in the existing 4-gang box with something retro in the art deco style. I'm finding that most switchplates are 3 gang, which I am willing to work with (don't need the fourth switch), but the switches themselves are even harder to find, and I've found nothing that's controllable. I really like the old style pushbutton switches. Have any of you found or used anything similar? I'm wondering if I could use standard pushbutton switches with a Z-Wave micro switch? Any experiences you could share would be appreciated.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

I've only done this once, with a single switch and it worked reasonably well. Instead of running the AC power to the switch I ran low voltage wire and triggered a contact on my Rain8Relay box that triggered a UPB link that controlled the light with a UPB inline module. i never did figure out how to dim it from the switch but it worked for off and on. Kind of a round about way of doing it but it did work. Of course you'd have to use a lot more relays for a 3 or 4 gang switchbox.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I like the old 20-30's look retro switches. These were a mixture of porclein and brass. It would be a low voltage toggle thing and a major DIY; but the look would be true retro look.
      Attached Files
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X