PCI RS232 addon cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCI RS232 addon cards

I am busy planning a build for a homeseer server. The board I am looking at has a pci slot. I am wondering if the PCI add on rs232 cards work fine for homeseer. Here is an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815124069

Thanks for the help
    Bill

Bill, a while ago someone on here had a PCI to RS232 card for sale. last I knew he still had it.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Bill, as long as you have operating system support for the board and it shows up as standard serial ports you should have no problem. There are many boards out there. If you think you might want to run HS3 under Linux someday then I'd pick one with Linux support as well as Windows.

EDIT: Just looked at the link you provided. That one should do nicely under either Windows or Linux.
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
      X