Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/V remote controls

Hi,

I have a few TVs, Satellite boxes, A/V Receivers and DVD players I would like to control using Homeseer.
    Some off the equipment have network connectivity and I can control them via http calls, some I must use IR (via Global Cache or similar devices) to control.

For example,

- and so on

I wonder:
    Are there easier/better ways to accomplish this?
    How are you controlling your A/V equipment?

thanks in advance
    Mats

There are two ways I can see that you can do it, one is fully script driven where you pass all parameters through the script, whilst the other is a combination of script and virtualdevice driven.

(that is if you want to control multiple devices on one screen), What i did was based on another suggestion, which was to have a button for each Device, or room you want to control, in my case "Room", so when you click the button for a room, it sets the value to 1, 2, 3 or so on depending which room you are controlling.

Then when you click another button, it calls a script, which looks at the virtualdevice value to know which room to control, and the script handles the IR, that does require setting devicevalues and so on, and the other way of making it fully script driven in my view is much better, then you can have multiple select case things to break down the paramaters,
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
    X