Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what will it be in 2016?

Our Mayor just threw down the gauntlet by proclaiming there will be a Halloween Decorating contest in the city this year. People are already decorating their homes. I have HS on my team. I am starting TODAY.

What's everyone doing this year?

Rob

Comment

I turn my house into an elaborate haunt every year, but have not incorporated much HA in it. This year is the first year with HomeSeer in the house so I'll have to think about what I might do with it.

One semi-automated thing I do is a Twilight Zone tunnel over the walkway. I use 8 channels on one of my Christmas lighting Light-O-Rama boxes connected to 64 strings of lights draped along a round frame over the walkway, with channels of lights pulsing on and fading off in series to give the effect the tunnel they are walking through is rotating. The Light-O-Rama program plays the Twighlight Zone theme song as it controls the light channels.

Then there's the Peppers Crank Ghost floating in the middle of a room, lots of props and decorations, monsters in the movie room watching classic clips from various monster movies and MST3K, the Mad Scientist lab my biology teacher wife runs, and my near exact replica of the coffin clock from RHPS in the "clock room", a room with dozens of clocks about to strike midnight. Sometimes I pull out the Crate Creature, a crate with a small window of bars and the crate shakes violently when you walk near it, but have not automated that one yet. Perhaps a good candidate for HomeSeer automation.

John

Comment

Ok, I've been thinking about decorating for Halloween for the last 3 years. This year will be my first.

My supplies will be:
        * 4 x 2600 iRulu 1280x800 Lumen Projector's w/Android 4.4 (for Kodi)
        * Atmos FX 3dFX Form (Projector #1) http://atmosfx.com/collections/atmos...osfx-3dfx-form
        * Double Garage Stretch Projection Screen https://amzn.com/B00R0ODYGQ (Projector #2)
        * 2 x Window Stretch Projection Screen https://amzn.com/B00A81S4YU (Projector #3 and 4) for my two front windows.
        * 2 x Fog machines

I was planning to use the AtmosFearFx media (exact ones to purchase TBD). Is there any other vendors that provide media?

To assist in the experience (and tie in HA, not just AV) was planning to use HomeSeer to leverage my external motion sensors to trigger Kodi (via HS XBMC plugin) to begin a "spook" video sequence when motion is activated...and return to a occasional light sequence that won't annoy the neighbors in between.

I'll be adding some "Holiday Projection" conditions to some motion activated light events to prevent light pollution.

Anyone with experience with these that may have some do's and don't for projection?

PS - Will try the AtmosCheerFX for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
          Ok, I've been thinking about decorating for Halloween for the last 3 years. This year will be my first.

My supplies will be:
          * 4 x 2600 iRulu 1280x800 Lumen Projector's w/Android 4.4 (for Kodi)
          * Atmos FX 3dFX Form (Projector #1) http://atmosfx.com/collections/atmos...osfx-3dfx-form
          * Double Garage Stretch Projection Screen https://amzn.com/B00R0ODYGQ (Projector #2)
          * 2 x Window Stretch Projection Screen https://amzn.com/B00A81S4YU (Projector #3 and 4) for my two front windows.
          * 2 x Fog machines

I was planning to use the AtmosFearFx media (exact ones to purchase TBD). Is there any other vendors that provide media?

To assist in the experience (and tie in HA, not just AV) was planning to use HomeSeer to leverage my external motion sensors to trigger Kodi (via HS XBMC plugin) to begin a "spook" video sequence when motion is activated...and return to a occasional light sequence that won't annoy the neighbors in between.

I'll be adding some "Holiday Projection" conditions to some motion activated light events to prevent light pollution.

Anyone with experience with these that may have some do's and don't for projection?

PS - Will try the AtmosCheerFX for Christmas
          im going to do the atmosfx thing too this year plus a whole bunch of dmx rgb leds.
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

i have always wanted to automate halloween.. but wont happen this year. HS is still not fully running. still in a test bed of testing my protocols to verify if im stable or not. plus waiting for server 2016 to be released
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Anyone know a good outdoor projector enclosure.

I live in San Diego, so it's not a major issue with wet weather...but it happens occasionally

However, I wanted something that looked spooky

PS - Also, what is the cheapest way to get compressed air blast. I think that will be a nice touch (with fog machine).

Comment

PS - Also, what is the cheapest way to get compressed air blast. I think that will be a nice touch (with fog machine).
                how bout a air line from an air compressor.... then some electric valve on the end? could use say a 24v sprinkler valve.. make a connector to connect hose to valve then valve out to wherever...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Anyone know a good outdoor projector enclosure.

I live in San Diego, so it's not a major issue with wet weather...but it happens occasionally

However, I wanted something that looked spooky
                  well how about a decoration like a big box looking thing.. coffin or something and put it in that? im going to do a big chair... and put fog machine under it.. going to make it next year.. not on this years list...

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                    how bout a air line from an air compressor.... then some electric valve on the end? could use say a 24v sprinkler valve.. make a connector to connect hose to valve then valve out to wherever...
                    I never needed an air compressor before

Maybe I can find a use for an projector off season...but not an air compressor.

LOL, wife would not be pleased where this conversation is going.

Comment

I never needed an air compressor before

Maybe I can find a use for an projector off season...but not an air compressor.

LOL, wife would not be pleased where this conversation is going.
                      Whuuut r u crazy? No air compressor!!!! Why not!!! Everyone needs at least 1

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It's that time of year again!

Anyone automating Halloween this year? We moved down the street to a completely different shaped house. Nothing we did before works. My goal for this year at a minimum is to have everything turn on and off with HS. That's no big HA task, but it's something. Still have 7 more days to plot.....

Comment

Here the only Haloween stuff HS does is:

Every TTS anouncement is always preceded by a chime but for the two weeks leading up to Halloween it's replaced by a randomly selected spooky sound such as a cat scream, chains dragging, Bela Lagosi clips, etc.

And on Haloween day itself HS plays The Misfits in whatever room I'm in all day.
                          Originally posted by rprade
                          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

OK renewing this thread early this year in hopes of getting my own butt moving sooner. I am hoping THIS will be my year of compressed air.... Mwahhahhahhahhahhahhaaaaaaa

Comment

You go Rob. . . .
                              A computer's attention span is as long
                              as it's powercord.

Comment

this is the year I may put nothing out.. just not feeling it... trick or treating is done in our area now at 8pm... so I get home at 5:30-6pm and there is really no time.. then on top of that... the kids that come out, haven't been dressing up at all!!!!! and Halloween is my holiday!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X