Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
    You go Rob. . . .
    I'm going to take that as a gauntlet thrown!

Comment

I just picked up two strobes an animatronic spider and a RF remote for a fog machine. I'm looking at modding the RF receiver and connect a MimoLite or something to tie it into HS. What would be cool would be starting a wiring/schematics section to share mods/hacks.

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
        this is the year I may put nothing out.. just not feeling it... trick or treating is done in our area now at 8pm... so I get home at 5:30-6pm and there is really no time.. then on top of that... the kids that come out, haven't been dressing up at all!!!!! and Halloween is my holiday!!!!
        Then this would be the PERFECT year for compressed air. Scare the crab out of them! LOL! My wife won't let me spray water at them but the ones that are dressed as teens are the scariest to me and I'd "trick" them if she would let me.... A red light on the porch, 180psi compressor, 100ft of hose, an inline valve? That's like 20 minutes! Or, automate the valve and have the NetCam plugin capture the faces!

Comment

Another year, another HALLOWEEN!!! Who is automating Halloween this year???

Comment

Did this a couple of years ago. Been adding on different characters since. Fun stuff!
            https://www.007systems.com/blog--how...tion-control#/

Comment

Originally posted by Jamr View Post
              Did this a couple of years ago. Been adding on different characters since. Fun stuff!
              https://www.007systems.com/blog--how...tion-control#/
              That's COOL! It's the same sort of thing I HOPE to do with a GoControl sprinkler controller and a bunch of cheap 24vac relays! I have a BUNCH of X10 appliance modules and Universal modules, but I am trying to keep this house Z-Wave only. Starting on some of the wiring on Wednesday when the spool of wire arrives.... Have a few creatures around the yard that I would like to go off only when triggered. We'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post

That's COOL! It's the same sort of thing I HOPE to do with a GoControl sprinkler controller and a bunch of cheap 24vac relays! I have a BUNCH of X10 appliance modules and Universal modules, but I am trying to keep this house Z-Wave only. Starting on some of the wiring on Wednesday when the spool of wire arrives.... Have a few creatures around the yard that I would like to go off only when triggered. We'll see!
                Very nice!. Please take some video or pics of the finished product, I would love to see it in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamr View Post
                  I would love to see it in action.
                  Me too!! LOL! It's been in the planning stages for about 3 years....

Comment

i want to automate xmas so bad.. but not gonna happen. i need to get to it. only got a graveyard this year... gotta do loghting...wanna buy rgb led...
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Ugh, I've always wanted to do some automation for Halloween and especially Christmas. Last year I did an ATMOSFX setup, and got rave reviews. My fog machine sucks; I should really upgrade to something better.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
                        Ugh, I've always wanted to do some automation for Halloween and especially Christmas. Last year I did an ATMOSFX setup, and got rave reviews. My fog machine sucks; I should really upgrade to something better.
                        which atmos?
                        I got a ton of them.. just setup a pc connected to a small 32" tv that will go in upper bedroom window... gonna move 46" and pc on Halloween night...and I got a projector I need to setup/test for downstairs...
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

My dream is to cover large portions of the house exterior with strategically placed individual-addressable RGB LEDs, so it can be turned into animations with orange and scary effects for Halloween, twinkling stars for Christmas, US flag and fireworks for 4th, and assist in floodlighting for security.

Just the cost holding me back for now, but one day I'm gonna start slow and will keep adding

Comment

Got the light and static decorations up and there's THREE WEEKS left! Will most certainly have fog and HOPEFULLY compressed air. Bench tested the Try Me buttons with my GoControl Sprinkler controller and relays and it is working. A little slow, but it will work.

Can't decide between all red or with the addition of UV light.....

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
                              My dream is to cover large portions of the house exterior with strategically placed individual-addressable RGB LEDs, so it can be turned into animations with orange and scary effects for Halloween, twinkling stars for Christmas, US flag and fireworks for 4th, and assist in floodlighting for security.

Just the cost holding me back for now, but one day I'm gonna start slow and will keep adding
                              THAT would be cool. HAH! It's too bad they don't make siding like that!

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post

Can't decide between all red or with the addition of UV light.....
                                Both are cool, but there's something about that UV. Really ominous look to it. Me likes it.

Comment

Working...
                                X