Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Automated View Post
    Well we have a bunch of new and separate conduit runs for both high and low voltage. I ran one extra 2 inch conduit out that I want to use for chilled fog, for a graveyard display in the side yard. I am so busy still finalizing the more important day to day things though that I won't have time to build the chiller box, and figure out/set up all the props. At least next year we have all the infrastructure out in the yard to do some really wild things. It will be usable for holiday lighting and what not as well this year. Assuming we stay in this house, I can see myself starting to do more and more in the coming years. This year was more about putting infrastructure in. There are almost a dozen pipes coming up to the side of the house, and that is only for our front side yard!

Inside the house we do have a wolf howl when someone rings the doorbell. I did that a few years ago. In November we change it to a turkey gobble, and in December, jingle bells.

Would you mind sharing that jingle bells sound clip? I've got a whole assortment of Halloween sounds and I've got the turkey gobble for thanksgiving but have been looking for some good Christmas sounds.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      Would you mind sharing that jingle bells sound clip? I've got a whole assortment of Halloween sounds and I've got the turkey gobble for thanksgiving but have been looking for some good Christmas sounds.
      Here you go. I found it from a free for personal use site years ago, but no longer remember its origin.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here you go. I found it from a free for personal use site years ago, but no longer remember its origin.

Thank you sir!
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
          I'm building an interactive rgb dmx display.its not homeseer related tho

got this built over the weekend.
          Attached Files
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

What does it do?

Comment

Well we have a bunch of new and separate conduit runs for both high and low voltage. I ran one extra 2 inch conduit out that I want to use for chilled fog, for a graveyard display in the side yard. I am so busy still finalizing the more important day to day things though that I won't have time to build the chiller box, and figure out/set up all the props. At least next year we have all the infrastructure out in the yard to do some really wild things. It will be usable for holiday lighting and what not as well this year. Assuming we stay in this house, I can see myself starting to do more and more in the coming years. This year was more about putting infrastructure in. There are almost a dozen pipes coming up to the side of the house, and that is only for our front side yard!

Inside the house we do have a wolf howl when someone rings the doorbell. I did that a few years ago. In November we change it to a turkey gobble, and in December, jingle bells.
              How are you going to build the fog chiller? A few years ago I built an ice chest with a fog input and output, and filled the box with ice. Had some chicken wire inside to guide the fog somewhat. Didn't work worth a darn. Still have it so I'd be interested in mods that might work.
              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                How are you going to build the fog chiller? A few years ago I built an ice chest with a fog input and output, and filled the box with ice. Had some chicken wire inside to guide the fog somewhat. Didn't work worth a darn. Still have it so I'd be interested in mods that might work.
                I don't have a specific plan yet, but I had thought when the time comes I will experiment a bit with a cooler as well. I had ready somewhere about others having good results with a cooler filled with ice. Perhaps they used a different fog juice? Even if I just use regular fog that is not chilled, it will still be fun to do. I also realized that I can easily run an air hose through one of the extra pipes and put a few solenoids out near the walk path along with some ankle ticklers or just loud air hissers to make people jump on Halloween night when they are walking past.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                  What does it do?
                  You turn the wheel, and the colour or speed changes.

It has 4 modes:

Colour wheel
                  Auto fade with speed
                  Strobe speed
                  strobe colour

It outputs dmx and 12v rgb strip.

The idea is the kids can change the lighting
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Raptor; October 28, 2014, 07:57 AM. Reason: rotated the images
                  53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

ePumpkin

Here is a short video showing my ePumpkin! I used a digital RGB LED strip controlled by Hyperion installed on a Raspberry Pi. The whole thing is controlled by Homeseer using the Hyperion plugin

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141028_192433.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1175108

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141028_192501.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1175109

Comment

So after a late night setup the presentation is complete.

i had a catastrophic failure of the main control board and had to do a complete rebuild on it last night. Blew 4 microcontrollers. it was like an arduino massacre.

anyway its all set now. time to see what the kids think.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! I set up a few small things last night. Nothing fancy, just a couple of colored floods, replaced the driveway coach lights with blacklight bulbs, and a few lit pumpkins and skulls. Today I'll put out the fun stuff... fog machine, strobe, and compressed air tickler all controlled with HomeSeer.

Still debating whether to trigger the compressed air and strobe off of motion or the doorbell...
                        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Looks great! I set up a few small things last night. Nothing fancy, just a couple of colored floods, replaced the driveway coach lights with blacklight bulbs, and a few lit pumpkins and skulls. Today I'll put out the fun stuff... fog machine, strobe, and compressed air tickler all controlled with HomeSeer.

Still debating whether to trigger the compressed air and strobe off of motion or the doorbell...
                          Nice,
                          my setup is not related to homeseer as i discovered my siding guys changed out my zwave socket for a normal one.

what is the compressed air thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                            Nice,

what is the compressed air thing?
                            I created an event that will trigger either on motion or doorbell (still deciding). It turns on an appliance module for about 1 second. That module is connected to a strobe light and a 120V solenoid valve hooked to my air compressor. Will give folks a quick strobe effect and a blast of compressed air aimed at the front door.

Comment

I created an event that will trigger either on motion or doorbell (still deciding). It turns on an appliance module for about 1 second. That module is connected to a strobe light and a 120V solenoid valve hooked to my air compressor. Will give folks a quick strobe effect and a blast of compressed air aimed at the front door.
                              very cool.

Comment

So I decided to trigger on motion, and I'm glad I did! Results were great, and the (ahem) randomness with which HomeSeer seems to trigger events worked in my favor last night. Kids and parents started hearing about our house and "something" would happen when you walked up to the door. Some kids thought they were safe, only to find themselves blasted with air and strobe about 5 seconds later. It was great!

Here's some highlight video from the night.
                                http://youtu.be/LrPLfqTRZ5w

Comment

Working...
                                X