Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset locks losing motor control?

Hi everyone.

I'm having a problem with my kwikset zwave locks. I have both a level lock (about 1.5 feet from the panel) and a deadbolt (about 13 feet from the panel) and a Simon XTi alarm system. I also have a number of GE zwave on/off lightswitches (and a cooper zwave wall socket, but that's non associated with anything right now [long story]).

Both locks work fine once they are added to the alarm system... for about a week. After that, they still report lock/unlock status but lose the ability to lock from the alarm panel. If I remove them and re-add them, the ability to lock comes back. Removing the batteries and replacing them doesn't help.

Any ideas/help?

When I had just the deadbolt, I was thinking that there was too much interference or something... maybe it was routing controls through the light switches (although they are supposed to support passing encrypted commands). But the lever I added about 3 weeks back is literally 1.5 feet from the alarm panel and in perfect line of sight.

I'm stumped... and frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

Which Z-Wave controller are you using?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The alarm system itself (Simon XTi) serves as the controller.

Comment

You may want to ask this in a forum dedicated to that hardware.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X