Serial over ethernet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete,

Did you connect Pin6 and Pin1 from the DB9 to Pin1 during your test?

Comment

Bill,

http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....9&postcount=41

I did not. I have left the connector apart and was going to do that on the workbench in the next few days.
      Last edited by Pete; November 1, 2012, 02:43 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I thought I would update this post with recent finding and conclusions.

A regular digi portserver TS8 does not provide "active dtr or high dtr". I talked with digi and according to documentation I found it takes TS p mei series in order for their product to work with UPB.

I found a webpage that suggested buying a "Lantronix UDS200". This product has been discontinued. I found one on ebay and purchased it.

I set it up and initially had issues. I found the setting under the port to turn on "active dtr". I also had to enable the "raw mode" in the settings under comport redirector. This worked and for the short time I have had this setup I am getting reliable communication.

I did not buy a newer model Lantronix because I did not want to acquire another device that does not work (although I did not research whether or not the newer models support "active dtr"). If someone else is searching a solution like this in the furture, just make sure the device you acquire supports "active dtr" or it is sometimes called "positive power" etc.

Thanks for all your help Pete and Reid

Comment

Good news!

The Digi Portserver that I utilized for testing with UPB serial controller is:

PortserverII CISPR B

Thank you for the feedback.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Glad you have a working solution, Bill. I did not know about the active DTR. That's good info, so thanks for digging that up. It probably explains why I was never able to get my Rain8Net working off the PortServer.
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Its understood about the active DTR.

After all of this just curious though why my Serial SA UPB controller worked just fine testing it with the Digi TSII?

I mean I had no issues talking to the PIM or using the PIM connected to the UPB switches via the TSII.

I do have multiple older and newer Lantronix controllers. I did utilize the USB 2.0 to network device to test audio and it worked (via a USB sound card and USB W2C device).
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
              X