Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange serial problem

Hi,

2 serial devices don't work anymore. One is the CM11A and the other is my Pionneer Receiver.

I have about 5 devices connected to HS via serial. I'm using 2 Quatech QSE-100D. One of them have 2 devices conected to it, the other have 3.

What is strange is that each device that is having problem is connected to a different QSE-100D...

If I close HS, I can connect to each device without problem. I can control my receiver.

But when I start HS, I got this message for the CM11A:

2012-11-06 19:40:29 - Error - Initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U: Unable to open COM4

And this message for the script that use to open the com port for the receiver:

2012-11-06 19:40:29 - Error - Initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U: Unable to open COM4

I don't know when the problem start or what could cause it.

Any idea on how to fix this is welcome.

Make sure your com ports haven't changed. When using these devices sometimes the com port assignments can change.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Make sure your com ports haven't changed. When using these devices sometimes the com port assignments can change.
      Hi Rupp,

I don't think my ports assignments changed. Can't say for the CM11A, but I'm sure for my receiver.

Comment

I had something similar happen some time ago. I moved the device to an open slot on the Quatech box and set up the serial port in HS to correspond to the new location. That got me going again, and the problem hasn't come back, but I never figured out what caused it.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          I had something similar happen some time ago. I moved the device to an open slot on the Quatech box and set up the serial port in HS to correspond to the new location. That got me going again, and the problem hasn't come back, but I never figured out what caused it.
          Thank you Uncle Michael! That did the trick. But I wonder what was the problem.

I now have 4 ports on my first Quatech occupied. Only one on the second.

Hope it won't happen again...

Comment

Working...
          X