Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gmail and stunnel

Morning,

I tried to follow the examples to setup stunnel for talking to gmail for pop and smtp and it doesn't seem to work. The stunnel log is showing me that the connection was reset with 0 bytes sent and received I couldn't seem to test it with putty either which seemed to have similar issues. Any idea what the problem is? Does anyone else have gmail connected and working with stunnel?

Thanks,
    David.

You need to start stunnel before launching Homeseer. Not sure it's written in the documentation. Perhaps it's the problem ?

Comment

Review this paying particular attention to Step 2.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=432

~Bill

Comment

I did that, verified stunnel is running. I edited the config file in the nifty ux thingy stunnel has as well and as far as I can tell it is setup right. It does notice I try and connect to the port, just doesn't seem to connect to gmail when it does

I will fiddle a little more.

Comment

Darn, figured ito ut, I forgot to reload the config after changing it... Working now.

Thanks!
          David.

Comment

Gitcha every time.

~Bill

Comment

I want to thank everyone involved in making this such an easy task for HS to send email via gmail without using outlook/express. My first attempt was 100% successful thanks to this thread. Very nice!
              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
              X