Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doorbell and Door camera for HS

Hello,
    What is the best product and system for get an Doorbell and Doorcamera working with HS ?

I put an X10 door and window sensor on my existing door bell and this triggers 4 camera captures via HomeSeer. It works really well. The key is to find a way to interface your doorbell with HomeSeer. The X10 sensor works well with the ACRF2 plugin and triggers the capture of my existing front porch camera.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Which Camera you are using for that ?

Comment

I have 3 of these and they have a very good picture. I've bought from this guy on eBay as he has the best prices. These are tiny cameras only about as big as your thumb. This camera has a 2.8 mm lens (semi wide angle).
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEATHERPROOF...-/380236880839
        Here's a screen grab of the streamed image. Stills are clearer.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi
          Can i ask how you have interfaced these cameras with HS. These cameras are not IP cameras and I have been looking for a way to interface none IP cameras with HS for some time now. I have been thinking I need to get an analogue to IP converter of some sort.
          Any advise greatly appreciated
          Ken

Comment

I use an older version of this TV tuner card. I only use the composite-in on the card to get my streams into the PC.
            http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1187...wintv+hvr-1250

I then use a very old streaming software package called WebCam32 to stream the images. Lastly, I built an asp page to stream the image.

My setup is over 10 years old so if and when I rebuild on new hardware / software this will all have to change as WebCam32 has been out of business for years. If I were doing this today I would look at the kit/combo systems that come with a DVR and cameras. The issue is many of these are not developer friendly.

Comment

Working...
            X