Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't access menus on the Server UI software anymore - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't access menus on the Server UI software anymore - Solved!

Hi,
    after rebooting my server yesterday I noticed that the dropdown menus in the Win UI server software are grayed out and wont even drop down. Also the server wont shut down when I use hs.shutdown from the web interface the win interface says shutting down in the status line but nothing happens.

Everything else works fine. Events are firing as the should. No errors on startup. I'm using the latest HS and Win7 x64 and this config has been working fine for over a year.

Any solution, clue or link suggestion?

/R

Did you try restarting your server again?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes I restarted both HS and windows about 10 times now. No luck

Comment

Try either a repair using the add/remove programs or the programs and features control panel applet. If this doesn't work reinstall HS over your installation ensuring you install into the same directory it's currently installed.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Check all your plugins to see if maybe one of them doesn't finish initializing. The GUI menus don't enable until HS has completely started up and initialized all plugins.
          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Solved!

Thanks reidfo. Something must have happened to the speaker client because when I kill it I get control over the server GUI. Reinstall solved the problem. Had some scary moments there

Comment

Working...
            X