system build advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

system build advise

Hi I am new to the mainstream HomeSeer hardware and have only been using the HSPRO software on my Windows Home Server with a WD zwave USB stick and serial interface to my DSC alarm system using the IT-150 interface. I would like to move toward a dedicated appliance and have so far come up with the following wish list.

- Hometroller S4
    - HomeSeer Z-troller

I am hoping to be able to migrate my current HSPRO license to the S4 and not have to purchase the software license again. I also want to use the Z-Troller intead of the WD USB stick so I have the flexibility to enroll new devices without having to bring the device next to my HomeSeer system. I also want to be able to use some other serial devices to control my pool controller and sprinklers.

I have a 3000 sq/ft house with 2 stories. My question is do I need more than one Z-troller? Should I start with one and see how that does? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make sure I have all the info before I make this large investment. Thanks.

PJN

Two Z-Trollers are always better than one but if you can centrally locate your Z-Troller then it should work just fine.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reply Rupp. Do you know if I will be able to buy the S4 without a license and just migrate my HSPRO license over to it? Is there anything else you would recommend I get in addition to what I have listed? Thanks again.

PJN

Comment

Originally posted by pohoda View Post
        Thanks for the reply Rupp. Do you know if I will be able to buy the S4 without a license and just migrate my HSPRO license over to it? Is there anything else you would recommend I get in addition to what I have listed? Thanks again.

PJN
        Check out the HomeTroller page. There's a section to entered your existing license for conversion.

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...-P1333C81.aspx

If you have a Pro license then you can purchase a standard HomeTroller then use your PRO license to make it a PRO unit.
        Last edited by Rupp; December 5, 2012, 09:12 AM.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X