Dimming Lights using Voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimming Lights using Voice

Is there a script or Plugin here for purchase (or free) that I can use for voice commanding to dim lights. The obvious example would be, "Computer, please dim Living Room Light by 20%". The "Living Room Light" and "x%" would be the things I would want to vary every time I used it. I'm not a script writer (but I'm learning) so any help anyone could offer is appreciated.

I believe that this works out of the box. Read instructions (help) under voice or VR section.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thank you. I read through the documentation and found the format for dimming lights but my understanding of scripting syntax is minimal.

I'm controlling using Z-Wave and this is the portion I'm having trouble with:

[set] [dim] [bright] [raise] [the] [<device location|device location2|device location location2>] name

What is "device location|device location2|device location location2" and "name" ??

Comment

Why not use an event? You can make and event that you configure to do the ligths dim and use the VR to trigger the event.
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I'm new to this Home Automation stuff but I have done the very thing that you have suggested and it works very well. But wouldn't I have to create an event for every dim point that I want if I went this direction? That could be a lot of events.

Anyway with your help and reading through the documentation I have in the last few minutes been able to Dim my lights. Thanks.

Comment

You can retrigger the event to where you want the ligth to dim.

Example: computer, dim ligth 10%
            Computer, dim ligth 10 %

At the end you will have your ligth dimmed 20%

With the script it will be the same, you need to retrigger so the script could run and do whatnu want it to do.
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
            X