TCP/IP control Popcorn Hour and Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCP/IP control Popcorn Hour and Homeseer

The Popcorn Hour can be control via TCP/IP. Port 30000. Has anyone integrated it into homeseer? I am interested in learning how I could integrate this device into homeseer. I appreciate any help you can provide on this

Thanks so much

There's a TCP/IP plugin that you may be able to use to communicate with this device. A search should turn up the plugin on this message board.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by hunter69 View Post
      The Popcorn Hour can be control via TCP/IP. Port 30000. Has anyone integrated it into homeseer? I am interested in learning how I could integrate this device into homeseer. I appreciate any help you can provide on this

Thanks so much
      Do you know what the commands are for the popcorn hour. Rigth now I'm using the TCP/IP plugin to control it but I use an itach as the IR repeater.

Comment

I can get the commands from Irule. I have seen you posting in the drule plugin thread. I you want me to provide what I can get out of irule I will. I am using that same plugin (just got it working by the way) I gained control of my lights through irule using the plug in.

Are you using hstouch? I am undecided what I want to do.

1. Keep irule and use it for my home theater and other rooms
        2. Switch to hstouch.

Comment

I can get the commands from Irule. I have seen you posting in the drule plugin thread. I you want me to provide what I can get out of irule I will. I am using that same plugin (just got it working by the way) I gained control of my lights through irule using the plug in.

Are you using hstouch? I am undecided what I want to do.

1. Keep irule and use it for my home theater and other rooms
          2. Switch to hstouch.
          Yeah. I dropped irule after I started using that plugin. It's just much nicer having everything go through hstouch. I liked the irule backdrops however. So what I did was take a screen shot of them with my phone and then edited them on my computer and imported them into hstouch and created transparanet buttons over the actual buttons I was using in irule.

Comment

So I have only just begun with hstouch designer. Irule builder had buttons and such available. Does hstouch or is a person required to create there own? Did you create your own or did you find a source for buttons? I was thinking about what you stated.

How about the command you are using to control your equipment. I can learn my own IR but RS232 is something different. I have been using RS232 to control my Projector and Onkyo AVR. I am able to copy them out of irule but am not sure if the format of the command is proper. I am using 2 IP2SL. Do you have any input in regards to this. I saw you were controlling a Tivo using TCP.

Do you need me to im you the tcp popcorn hour commands?

Comment

Personally my preference would be RS-232 or IP. That said I did chroot and redid the OS on the micro Patriot PBO's I had with 1 TB drives in them (5 of them today around the house). I never did automate them after getting to this point. Miniature marvels.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

So I have only just begun with hstouch designer. Irule builder had buttons and such available. Does hstouch or is a person required to create there own? Did you create your own or did you find a source for buttons? I was thinking about what you stated.

How about the command you are using to control your equipment. I can learn my own IR but RS232 is something different. I have been using RS232 to control my Projector and Onkyo AVR. I am able to copy them out of irule but am not sure if the format of the command is proper. I am using 2 IP2SL. Do you have any input in regards to this. I saw you were controlling a Tivo using TCP.

Do you need me to im you the tcp popcorn hour commands?
                As I don't use ip2sl I can't comment. But I will say that with irule I couldn't have too different iphones connect to one Tivo through tcp. I can have one homeseer connect and then as many iphones as I want using hstouch. TCP and IR has worked fine for me but I would like to try TCP on popcornhour if I could so if you could pm me that would be great. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X