Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete
    replied
    I have my MythTV box (with combo antenna, cable and satellite feeds) configured with a Squeeze box server and it is doing well. I am more into testing the new live PVR / video broadcasts stuff right now though using my back end stuff.

I also have a combo Tversity / PlayOn TV box running on the network. (that and I have recently decided to not watch live TV, news weather or even look at the internet for news - doing well now over a month of this new endeavor - testing though stuff).

That said though I tend to keep my media stuff autonomous from my HA stuff except for the hardware control pieces.

Lately though putting XBMC Frodo on everything and everything is working fine. (those are now all over the house and working well).

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Still no mention about Squeezebox?

Sure, Logitech pulled the plug, but we'll see how that turns out in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    The above noted; my HAI Omnitouch to Russound screens as primitive as they are; are slow with the legacy Omnitouch serial screens. (the HS Plugin with its problems is actually faster in response times than the HAI control on the Omnitouch screens).

Leave a comment:

• reidfo
    replied
    I also plan to use HomeSeer exclusively to control the unit. I have one keypad but found I don't really need it since I have the PC programming software available from Russound. I didn't realize the HS plugin had bugs with multiple nuts. I may switch to BLRussound or write my own.

Leave a comment:

• kieranmccamment
    replied
    russuond

are the new russound c series not compatable with homeseer

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Here too I have Russound Zoned Amps. Splitting the RS-232 control with a serial server such that my OPII Omnitouch screens and Homeseer control it. That said I also added keypads to the mix. Fastest control though is via the directly connected keypads.

Here too I went to in wall instead of ceiling mounted speakers. I also was able to get these at a reasonable cost purchasing them by the case.

I also got a deal on open stock Russound amps. They are built to last forever.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Its the russound XM/Radio unit that goes with the CAV6.6. It integrates both with the CAV and with the Homeseer plugin. Dont have the model number in front of me right now.

Leave a comment:

• kieranmccamment
    replied

alright that is probably what I will go with they are cheap on ebay they even have some new ones. As for your xm receiever what are you using

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    I use the CAV6.6. I think they have been discontinued. I got two on closeout for half price.

If you can find them, I think they are great.

I also have the XM/Radio unit and it works well with the CAV6.6.

The Homeseer plugin is basically not supported now, but works very well. There is a bug in the plugin for multiple units, but I scripted a workaround. Other than that you can do all sorts of things with the script interface.

The wattage is plenty for each zone, even powering 4 outdoor speakers on one zone.

I only bought one keypad for programming and use Homeseer entirely for control.

Leave a comment:

• kieranmccamment
    replied
    russound

ok sounds good so are you using the homeseer interface to control or just the russound stuff

Leave a comment:

• reidfo
    replied
    I just bought a Russound CAM6.6 with XM receiver. I have had it on the bench for a few days testing it and it works amazingly well with HomeSeer. I have been testing the HSPRO built in plugin and also BLRussound. I like features of both.

Leave a comment:

• kieranmccamment
    replied
    audio

Ok will do but other then sonos what system is the most compatible with homeseer.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Most home zoned sound systems utilize the same infrastructure or very similiar infrastructure.

That said wire for multiple types of zoned systems. That will be the less costly part of your endeavor.

Then take your time deciding on what you want to utilize or purchase.

Leave a comment:

• kieranmccamment
    replied
    sonos

yes but the sonos system for my setup will cost well over 4 grand and that's only two speakers per zone.

Leave a comment:

• GadgetBoySI
    replied
    Unfortunately, the JRiver Media Center plugin is basically dead at this point, but the software is amazing - supports multiple soundcards, and has a nice Android app to control it.

PC with JRMC, mulitple sound cards and a bunch of amplifiers and you have a really nice system, in my opinion...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X