Can I remove my CM11A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I remove my CM11A

I've replaced all of my X10 devices with UPB exept for the Hawkeye/EagleEye motion sensors.

Do I need the CM11A still? I have a W800 which, if I understand correctly, receives the signal from the motion sensors. So the CM11A isn't even involved anymore is it?

Thanks.

Originally posted by joewilly1 View Post
    I've replaced all of my X10 devices with UPB exept for the Hawkeye/EagleEye motion sensors.

Do I need the CM11A still? I have a W800 which, if I understand correctly, receives the signal from the motion sensors. So the CM11A isn't even involved anymore is it?

Thanks.
    You can do without the CM11, and can disable the X10 Interface in Setup.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by joewilly1 View Post

Thanks.
      I have been considering migrating from X10 to UPB. No matter what I do, I just can't get the necessary reliability of of X10. What kind of issues did you run into? What was the expense like? Did you zero in on products from one manufacturer? Did you find sources that you could recommend? How satisfied are you with UPB. Anything else you think I should know about UPB?

Comment

Working...
      X