Thinking of adding audio to HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of adding audio to HS

So I got to thinking that I'd like to add some sort of home audio to my HS setup this year. This was largely inspired by the fact there there is a usb fm transmitter stick available which doesn't require wiring the whole house.
    So.... what are people using for this? I've started to look at the JRiver Media application and see there was some plugin support/functionality available. Though, it appears that this interest has fallen some. I do have HStouch and am an Android user. I also see the free application called Gizmo on Android which can be used with JRiver. Though, this is a separate Android application and appears that incorporating it with HSTouch would likely not work.

Additionally, for those doing audio, how are you media files stored? Mpeg, AVI, raw or what?

Any and all ideas welcome...

Thanks

Rob
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

WMP plugin is the best for me, works reasonably well with HSTouch and windows. Most of the issues with the WMP plugin were sorted out a couple of years ago. Not sure the iTunes plugin supports the latest versions of iTunes (there have been a few posts about it), the JRMC plugin I tried but that needs a fairly old version of JRMC to work.

Store my MP3 files (have some WMA/FLAC files in there aswell) just on a drive partition. I keep all of my ID3 tags up to date using a program called Tag & Rename.

Comment

Thanks mrhappy...
      Now feeling totally green here, what are ID 3 tags?
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

They are part of the music files that give you the album/artist/track name (there are a whole load more, genre, track number, release year, album artist etc)...Windows Media Player (and therefore HS/HSTouch) is entirely dependent on an orderly database with correct tags. If you don't have a good database (stuff like one artist with two different spellings) you will just get a headache.

Comment

MP3's have a header named ID3 and it contains information about the mp3 file. ie title, artists, etc. I too use the Windows Media player plugin and it works well. To distribute music the Sonos system is very good but the new bluetooth speakers are interesting. Some sound good but I'm leary of the range.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I've been using the attached free one now for many years. It is very granular. Support though was discontinued in 2007.

http://lifehacker.com/5266613/six-be...-tagging-tools

I just looked at my music directory to check the size. Its not really that large at 117Gb and 48K files (which many are not MP3's though).

I think that my brother in law's music is a bit over a TB or so.

I keep it replicated on my network and keep a copy of it on each of the carpc's.

That said today it still rates up there as one of the most popular ID3 tagging programs out there.

The legacy link is still up; but there is no more support for it.

http://www.id3-tagit.de/

The last version in 2007 was V3.3.
            Attached Files
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Actually, I was thinking with my $7 USB FM stick, I'd be expanding audio out into the back yard for the summer.
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

So what do you use Greg? Are you doing audio with HS?

Rob

Comment

I use ITunes and Spotify and their remote plugins on the iPhone and iPad to control my whole house audio. I think this is the easiest and most flexible way to get great quality sound. Zone control will be your biggest challenge.

Steve Q
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

What's the range of these USB transmitter? I remember those AUX FM transmitter have a range of less than 10 metres.
                    Also where can I find one to buy online?
                    Last edited by bmxtreme; December 26, 2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X