Home Seer Configuration Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Seer Configuration Backup

Okay guys.....newbie question. How should I go about backing up my Home Seer configuration? And please make your advice at beginner level? Assume I know nothing about how to backup Home Seer. You won't hurt my feelings. Thanks....Mike

The best way is to simply back up your entire HomeSeer folder structure. I do this on a weekly basis and save several copies. Checkout BLBackup. It's a good backup solution.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      The best way is to simply back up your entire HomeSeer folder structure. I do this on a weekly basis and save several copies. Checkout BLBackup. It's a good backup solution.
      Thank you Rupp. BlBackup is a plug-in, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bauerlein99 View Post
        BlBackup is a plug-in, right?
        Yes. Just go to the top level of this message board (HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer > General Discussion Area > Home Seer Configuration Backup) by clicking on the HomeSeer Message Board and do a find on the page using BL and you should see all the BL plugins.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not sure exactly where you want me to go on the message board,and I'm not sure exactly what you mean by do a find, but I did run the Updater and looked at all the plug-ins. There was a whole section on BL...Blade plug-ins. And maybe I missed it but I did not see any BLBackup

Comment

Not sure exactly where you want me to go on the message board,and I'm not sure exactly what you mean by do a find, but I did run the Updater and looked at all the plug-ins. There was a whole section on BL...Blade plug-ins. And maybe I missed it but I did not see any BLBackup
            Just go to the main page of the message board and do a browser search (usually Ctrl-F in Windows) for BL. You'll see all the forums for Blade's plugins.

Here's the direct link to the BLBackup plugin forum.
            http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1057
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
              Just go to the main page of the message board and do a browser search (usually Ctrl-F in Windows) for BL. You'll see all the forums for Blade's plugins.

Thank you sir!

Comment

Nothing is easy with Home Seer is it? I went to the link you provided and found and downloaded the plug-in. However, I cannot install it.When I get to the "Select Destination Location" and hit next, I get an error message saying "Unable to locate Home Seer!"
                Any ideas on why I am having difficulty?

Comment

Nothing is easy with Home Seer is it? I went to the link you provided and found and downloaded the plug-in. However, I cannot install it.When I get to the "Select Destination Location" and hit next, I get an error message saying "Unable to locate Home Seer!"
                  Any ideas on why I am having difficulty?
                  Not sure, since I've never used the BLBackup plugin. If you're running 64 bit Windows and HomeSeer is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\ then I have seen some plugins have problems installing. I installed into C:\HSPRO and haven't had any installation issues since.
                  Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                  Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                  Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Not sure, since I've never used the BLBackup plugin. If you're running 64 bit Windows and HomeSeer is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\ then I have seen some plugins have problems installing. I installed into C:\HSPRO and haven't had any installation issues since.
                    That was it. I changed the destination folder to HSPRO instead of HS2 and it went in okay. Now I will check it out. Thanks again.

Comment

Ok. Got it installed. My computer literacy skills are inadequate when it comes to setting BLBackup up. I don't know enough about directories and computer names and destination folders too set this program up. I could sure use some more specific guidance here. thanks.......Mike
                      Some relevant info. Home Seer is apparently installed at C:\Program Files(x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO.....For backup purposes one of my presents was a Seagate 3TB Backup Plus Drive. It is called the F:\ Drive....My Computer name is Blackhawk...
                      Last edited by Bauerlein99; December 29, 2012, 05:46 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

At this point you are best off posting your question in the BLBackup forum.

Comment

At this point you are best off posting your question in the BLBackup forum.
                          Thank you. I will give that a try.

Comment

Working...
                          X