Fibaro FGK-101 door & temp sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swing View Post
    Maybe someone (for instance at Homeseer) is interrested in these logfiles?
    I would suggest opening a Help Desk ticket with HS and then reference this thread in the ticket. More likely to get a response that way from HS.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I should add to my earlier post that I had both FGK's associated with Homeseer in Group 3.
      A bit more in-depth look at the debug-logfiles:

I clearly see the status change coming in in the Homeseer z-wave-log, however the following happens:
      - When no DS18B20 is attached Set_New_Level_Real is called for both COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC and COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY. This last call effectively changes the status.
      - When a DS18B20 is connected, Set_New_Level_Real is only called for COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC and *NOT* for COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, resulting in no status-change.
      Last edited by swing; February 2, 2013, 11:59 AM. Reason: Typo's

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        I would suggest opening a Help Desk ticket with HS and then reference this thread in the ticket. More likely to get a response that way from HS.

Cheers
        Al
        Roger that, just did.
        Thanks for suggesting!

Comment

First of all, there is a philosophical difference I have with Sigma Designs (Z-Wave) right now coming from the fact that a device is being allowed to send a BASIC command class frame rather than its primary command class frame in order to support "dumb" devices. So for example, instead of sending a SENSOR_BINARY_REPORT, a device is allowed to send a BASIC_REPORT. The reason I have a problem wtih this is two-fold: 1. When we interrogate the device and get its list of command classes, we create the device for the expected data to be arriving, and when we build a device to receive (for example) SENSOR_BINARY data and BASIC data comes in instead, HomeSeer cannot find the device to apply it to. 2. Sigma is not being consistent in saying that devices should also send their primary command class signal in addition to the basic one, so it is hard for me to design HomeSeer for both situations.

Dealing with this situation though is definitely not something that we will address in HS2 - we have completely rewritten much of Z-Wave in HS3, and that is where I have to address this situation as soon as I work out how that will be handled.

That said, it is not entirely clear whether that is the entire problem you are having... If a device sends SENSOR_BINARY out for the motion sensor, then enabling the temperature sensor should not change that, but as was pointed out, adding the temperature sensor changes the behavior of the motion sensor notifications. I believe that this may be why I can NOT find this sensor on the Z-Wave Certification website. Because this device does not appear to be certified, we are unlikely to put in effort to make it work with HomeSeer when we have certified devices that we want to work with HomeSeer.

The reason that the association was not automatically set by HomeSeer is probably due to us not having seen this device before, but that is why you have the associations screen where you can set that up yourself. However, if we create a device based upon the command classes that says it is for BINARY_SENSOR devices, and the device starts sending BASIC commands instead, that is something that is much more complex to solve but we are working with Sigma Designs (or in HS3) to make sure this works. The device changing based upon whether the temperature sensor is enabled or not... that seems to me to be something that would prevent certification of the device, which is why perhaps that I could not find it in the certified device list. If Fibaro says that this device passed certification, have them give you or me the certification ID number so I can look at the notes and see if the same version of the firmware is being used here.
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Any update on this? I would like to use the Fibaro door sensors with Homeseer but can't get it to work.

Thanks

Comment

We have a solution in HS3 for the issue of the BASIC command class, but Fibaro has other issues to get straightened out. We are working with them, but do not have an ETA. Several of their devices are not certified. When I tested half a dozen of their European devices I stopped when I found a technical issue with 5 of them, so while this one was not one of them, I still need to get a lot of questions answered before I spend a lot of time on them. As they are going to release products in North America very soon, I am sure they will work on this pretty quickly.
              Regards,

Comment

I'm almost ready to give up and bin this thing. I tried some time ago on bug: http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1358

Losing confidence on Fibaro stuff. Got group 3 missing FGS-221 also.

Comment

I definitely would give up... but only until Fibaro fixes the issues!

The devices (several of the Fibaro devices) are being sold when they are not certified. They certified (for example) version 1.0-1.7 of some devices, but what I got shipped was 2.1 or 2.2 or something like that. Technically, that is not certified, but more importantly it seems something got through the certification house on the earlier version or their 2.x version is so different that as they are suppose to do, they need to get it certified to catch the issues.

They are doing some things wrong that our software caught, Sigma already confirmed, and while I could do a workaround for them, it does not make sense because then I have this special code that I have to keep in there forever.

The good news though is that it seems all of their devices support the FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD command class, which means that we should be able to update the firmware to a new version when they get a certified version out. I added support for that command class to HS3, waiting for them or Schlage to be able to test it, but with any luck the firmware update CC test and Fibaro fixes will come soon; I just have no way to know when at this point.
                  Regards,

Comment

Same problem for me. I'm using HS3 and did'nt succeed in using this sensor with both the additional connector for the temperature sensor and open/closed detection.

Even without the additional temperature connector, the sensor behaviour is quite strange with a lot of "alarm nodes" child detected after an import (or rescan) and a "Fibaro Sensor Binary Node xx Child" wich is never updated. Instead logs are showing that open/close events are sent to the root node (which graphically isn't updated because it is a "no status" node") but I managed to intercept these changes through events.

So I created a virtual device with two states that are updated when the status of the Fibaro Sensor Root Node change. Not ideal but does the trick to know if the door is open or closed.

Nicolas

Comment

Any update on this before I send this back to my supplier?? Was hoping maybe most recent updates would fix it but my wishes did not come true
                      Strangely, the root 'Last Changes' updates every time the sensor is on/off but not the child 'Binary'. and still no status on 'general purpose alarm' (TMP switch(s).

Comment

Working...
                      X