Signallinc is not the best X10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signallinc is not the best X10

I've had an X10 blocking coupler for years and recently turned its breakers off and added a new signallinc that advertises both insteon and x10 phase coupling.

The Insteon performance of the signallinc is incredible. However X10 took a hit. It works, but some existing x10 stopped working correctly. I turned the breakers back on for the blocking coupler.

If you are buying one of these, I would have a plan B for x10.
    Paul

I had a similar experience with the one house I'm converting to Insteon. I had Leviton repeater / couplers installed which worked great for the X-10. I replaced them with SignalLincs and the Insteon products are working OK, but the X-10 has really become unreliable.

I was concerned that the SignalLincs are only passive couplers and not repeaters. With the size of that house, repeaters were definitely more effective than the simple couplers.

I don't know if this would help or make things worse, but can you have BOTH SignalLincs AND X-10 repeaters installed and on at the same time? Can you have both connected to the same pair of breakers?

Comment

Working...
    X