Fireplace Smart stat II Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireplace Smart stat II Remote

Has anyone been able to control the fireplace smart stat II remote with Homeseer? It claims it is RF but I am unsure how to go about gaining control over it.Thanks!

Ok, I'll bite.

What makes you think you can do this? It's 433.92Hz.
    -Skybolt

Comment

It should be doable (in theory) as there are transceivers that can interface into HS that support the frequency used by the remote. I would ask the question in the ACRF Processor and RFXCOM Plug-In forums. Those plugins and the firmware for the hardware would likely need to be updated to support it.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        It should be doable (in theory) as there are transceivers that can interface into HS that support the frequency used by the remote. I would ask the question in the ACRF Processor and RFXCOM Plug-In forums. Those plugins and the firmware for the hardware would likely need to be updated to support it.

Cheers
        Al
        Yep, spoke too soon, I didn't releaize the new W800USBE is 433.92. Worth looking into. But mostly for Europe.
        -Skybolt

Comment

There's also the RFXCom line that supports 433.92. HomeSeer sells the receiver (RFXrec433) which I (and many others) use with HS and various Oregon Scientific sensors and RF remotes. For this purpose the transceiver would be required if the intent is to send commands to the receiver on the fireplace. The transceiver is available directly from rfxcom.com, but it may not support the commands that the fireplace needs. The W800 line is receive only as far as I'm aware.

If the RFXCom option does not work out, it might be possible to replace the receiver in the fireplace with some other (Z-Wave, Insteon, etc.) receiver that can switch a low-voltage contact.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            ... If the RFXCom option does not work out, it might be possible to replace the receiver in the fireplace with some other (Z-Wave, Insteon, etc.) receiver that can switch a low-voltage contact.

Cheers
            Al
            That's what I was thinking, an Insteon I/O module to control what's needed. That would probably work best. And your right I didn't think that through, definetly need a transceiver.
            -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
            X