Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mostly using Z-wave, looking to add Insteon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mostly using Z-wave, looking to add Insteon...

Right now I am using a Hometroller Pro s4, with a Z-troller wto run my Z-wave products... But after seeing the latest round of Insteon Bulbs, I'm looking to add Insteon functionality to my HomeTroller...

where do I need to start? I'm assuming I need an Insteon Interface (something akin to my Z-troller for Z-wave)?

Any help getting up and running would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have approx 1800sqft, so what type of Range Extenders/Repeaters do I need?

Thanks in advance!

Have a look at this thread for this information and more.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you for that link. I'm sorry I missed that.

I did a bit of reading there, and while most of it points to the PLM, there is a lot of talk about the Insteon Hub from SmartHome.

I couldn't find anything in the Supported Devices list that specifically stated that the PLugin would work with the INsteon Hub... '

As far as plugins go, MNSandler's PLM Plugin seems to be the way to go, but is it limited in usage to the PLM Specifically? Or can I use the Insteon Hub with it?

I'm new to the whole Insteon thing, so I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding.. I just don't want to buy the wrong thing from the start.

Comment

Mark's plugin supports the hub. Its considered beta/test right now, however several of us have been using it strictly as a plm and it works well in that role. There is a thread under Mark's insteon PLM section of the board discussing the hub
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X