No announcement yet.

Multiple speaker clients one sound card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's really expensive! How is the audio quality?

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
      Wow, that's really expensive! How is the audio quality?
      I hope that was a Joke or mistyped. They work as good as any other PC sound I've ever had but are a ton easier to install and manage.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry - I put the wink on the iphone but it didn't come through! I am amazed that you can get $7 USB audio devices and they perform as well as $100+ sound cards. It looks like you updated the product link to an even cheaper version through Newegg?

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
          Sorry - I put the wink on the iphone but it didn't come through! I am amazed that you can get $7 USB audio devices and they perform as well as $100+ sound cards. It looks like you updated the product link to an even cheaper version through Newegg?
          Yes I did update the link. I'm sure these aren't as good a a $100 sound card but many of us are using this for HS text messages so the quality isn't needed.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

What I was trying to do with my MAudio Delta (which works but has the stutter) is to connect the Audio to my 2 CAV's audio trigger inputs. Then, announcements will be heard in every zone that doesn't have DND on the CAV set. Works great. I don't use it for music, just for announcements.

I think I will buy one of these USB sound cards to move one of the instances to another computer to eliminate the stutter - for $10 it seems like the least expensive approach.

Comment

I wish my Nuvo had the intercom feature - but alas it does not!

Comment

This can NOT be done with the HS speaker as the HS speaker will want to talk to an audio card, and will NOT allow you to select a specific audio channel via directshow technology.

Whereas Musiclobby and other such applications will.

What I did is have the HS speaker set to the audio card, and then had have the Cinemar products (Musiclobby, Internet media player, Pandora, and such) audio zones select between the front, rear, center, sub channels. The HS speaker will "talk" to all zones at the same time.

Another option is to use two sound cards, and route the audio out from one card to the audio in on another. But this gets complicated fast.

Another option (3rd) is to use multiple sound cards and then use a hardware sound mixer to "mix" all of the audio together. This gets expensive.
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                X